Senior Director Event Technology IIJob ID SRDIR04013 Date posted 08/13/2019 Location Toronto, Ontario Position Type Full-Time
The Senior Director, Event Technology II (Sr DET II), is responsible for directing a successful sales and operations team to achieve the revenue and profitability goals of assigned location(s). This position ensures the team delivers World-Class service while cultivating and maintaining relationships with key venue personnel to enhance the overall business relationship with venue. The Sr DET II promotes high performance, accountability and continuous improvement in the team and fosters a collaborative environment that values learning and a commitment to quality. This position reports to an Area Director, Venues or RVP, Venues.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients at all levels of their organization and provide outstanding customer service while focusing on customer retention.
- Identify key issues and decision makers that will influence the contract renewal and leverage all available internal resources to facilitate the planning effort for renewing existing business.
- Create and participates in business review presentations.
- Service high profile/visibility events and act as a point of escalation when needed.
- Seek to establish and maintain valuable industry relationships (i.e. hotel management, Production/EXPO)
- Oversee the Sales Leadership team
Financial Management and Reporting
- Drive Results by managing an efficient and profitable operation with a focused approach on revenue maximization and profitability using cost control measures in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Achieve PSAV’s financial goals for the location(s) by ensuring the proper management of labor, equipment sub-rentals and other costs.
- Train and directs operations and sales teams to complete standard and ad hoc reports.
- Complete and analyzes reports and budgets to effectively manage the business.
- Enforce the utilization of the company billing system, coordination of invoicing activities and that billing is reviewed and approved by clients.
- Confirm venue partners process all payments to PSAV in a timely basis.
- Accountable for successful execution of very large events that exceed $500,000 dollars in revenue
- Review location P & L and develops action plans to address deficiencies/grow the business
- Direct very large, complex and diverse events with vast spaces and variable locations (i.e. an autoshow)
- Oversee operations/Select Services teams to manage daily floor operations including scheduling and equipment setups, operation, and strikes are completed, and in accordance to brand standards. Confirm that the operations/select services team is using inventory control procedures to maintain proper inventory levels while also maintaining safety, security, and quality assurance of equipment.
- See the Big Picture by analyzing schedules and available labor and equipment resources and makes recommendations for labor and equipment sharing within local markets.
- Guarantee a PSAV management presence at all venue meetings, such as daily stand ups or sales meetings. Meets with Operational Leadership to review upcoming events, problem solving, operational feasibility, and budgets.
- Collaborate with Select Services regional management teams when necessary
- Perform duties similarly aligned to running a successful independent business
- Hold the Sales Director accountable to maintaining a healthy pipeline at all times to achieve established revenue targets.
- Confirm all known opportunities are in CRM and are completed accurately and updated at all times.
- See the Big Picture by ensuring the Sales Director leads the sales forecasting efforts at home location(s), including the accurate and timely submission of reports.
· Create and presents information and reports, as needed, to senior management related to business performance, pipeline, forecasting, etc.
· Maintain knowledge of new product/service offerings and emerging technology supporting meetings and events
· Partner with Venue Sales Leadership on sales strategies
- Collaborate with venue partners to find new opportunities for revenue streams and select services
- Deliver World-Class Service by cultivating and maintaining relationships with customers, venue personnel and various PSAV supporting functions and departments.
- Direct the team to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Enforce the guidelines in the Employee Guide and/or venue standards for the team to portray a polished and professional image.
- Value People by promoting a culture of high performance, accountability and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Direct and manage performance, addresses employee concerns, maintains adequate staffing levels, and facilitates team development.
- Navigate the union labor market and associated management dynamics, where applicable.
- Lead and manage the human resources activities including selection, performance management, employee engagement, and learning.
- Encourage and provide focused and continued mentoring and coaching to develop the skills of team members.
- Verify that employees are trained on PSAV standards for service and equipment, and properly trained on company computer systems.
- Review succession planning to prepare a strong talent bench strength
- Recommend team members for training opportunities, as needed
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of audio visual experience
- 8+ years of sales/customer service experience
- 7+ years of operations supervisory/management experience
- Proficiency with the use of computer hardware
- Proficiency with computer software and programs, including the Internet and Microsoft Office
- Effective leadership abilities and customer satisfaction and people development focus.
Drives Quality Results
Hours Per Day
Lifting 0 - 15 lbs*
Lifting 16 – 50 lbs*
Lifting 51 - 100 lbs
Lifting Over 100 lbs
Carrying 0 - 15 lbs*
Reaching (above your head)
Carrying 16 – 50 lbs*
Carrying 51 - 100 lbs
Carrying Over 100 lbs
Pushing/Pulling 0 - 15 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 16 – 50 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 51 - 100 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling Over 100 lbs
*Identifies the physical requirements that team members perform without assistance.
Team members must be able to meet the physical demands above in order to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Work is performed in a venue/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple venue locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Senior Sales Manager - Hotel Services Hotel Sales 12985183 California, United States
- Operations Dir, Htl Srvcs Operations Management 12985184 Illinois, United States
- Director, Event Technology I Director, Operations Management 12985175 California, United States
- Sales Manager, Hotel Services Hotel Sales 12985176 California, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.