Rigging Coordinator, Event TechnologyApply Job ID 206097 Date posted 10/22/2018
PSAV Presentation Services is a top international provider of professional event technology services, and stands on a 75-year record of success and growth. We strive to deliver flawless execution with a hospitality approach, for all event technology services. Our mission is to turn ordinary meetings into extraordinary events.
Work directly with third party production companies on all inbound events requiring rigging services within PSAV hotels. Utilize structural data and weight load limits to approve inbound third party and internal PSAV designs for rigging events.
Key Job Responsibilities
Ensure compliance with all OSHA regulations and standards governing fall protection. Ensure compliance with all annual equipment certification procedures established by PSAV. Provide recommendations to assist in the selection and design of rigging equipment to best meet the needs of our clients and accepted technical and safety standards within our industry.
Coordinate and schedule all labor and equipment required for incoming rigging calls in PSAV properties. Process billing and invoices for equipment and labor utilized for rigging events. Schedule and coordinate the movement of all equipment and personnel required to facilitate the load-in and load-out of all events requiring rigging services within PSAV properties.
Develop a network of professionals outside of our company who have experience in rigging and can be called upon to provide assistance on a local and regional basis when necessary. Assist in the training and development of local rigging support personnel to assure adherence to industry guidelines and standards.
Complete field surveys assessing rigging safety compliance. Periodic site inspections of existing and new facility contracts to evaluate safety of existing rigging points and recommend necessary improvements, or modifications. Calculate and approve weight load limits on hotel structures for all incoming PSAV property production events. Utilize CAD software to assist production companies with analysis of weight distributions of suspended loads.
Represent PSAV during major production site visits or other events as necessary or assigned. Manage multiple tasks/initiatives using project management skills.
- 5-7 years of field experience in rigging in either entertainment, theatrical or production environment, including work as both ground and overhead rigger
- Working knowledge of CAD (Autosketch, Vectorworks, AutoCAD, LD Assistant or other) software
- Able to interact professionally and effectively with a diverse work force, customer base and executive level management
- Full capability with general business computer systems and functions
- Flexibility to travel within Region at 50% level as required to meet business needs
- Able to lead and oversee cross-functional team activities from initial concept through final delivery
- Strong customer, client and coworker interface experience and abilities
- Part-Time Technician - Audio Visual Palm Harbor Technician, Part-time Technician 10277586 Florida, United States
- Sales Coordinator, Hotel AV Services Sales, Hotel Sales 10276121 District of Columbia, United States
- Director, Event Technology - Westin Whistler Director, Operations Management, Operations 10276122 British Columbia, Canada
- Sales Manager, Hotel Services Sales, Hotel Sales 10276120 District of Columbia, United States
Tremendous Worldwide Growth
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one venue. From Los Angeles to London, we are the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,400 venues globally.explore locations
Our 8,200 highly trained employees might not take center stage at events, but we make sure they are rewarded for being stars. Competitive salary, a full range of benefits and a true work-life balance are all part of the package.PSAV Benefits
Hundreds of Career Paths
Whether you do your best work behind a soundboard or in front of a sales team, PSAV will help you find a career path that leads to personal and professional fulfillment.learn more
A Day In The Life