Account ManagerJob ID ACCOU03079 Date posted 06/06/2019 Location Seattle, Washington Position Type Full-Time
The Account Manager, GSO manages a portfolio of accounts in the Corporate Group market. This role is responsible for identifying, developing, and managing accounts to drive revenue and unfair market share growth. The person in this position is responsible for utilizing technical and operational support to sell programs to clients while managing the budget and exceeding customer expectations. In addition, the Account Manager is responsible for driving performance through internal and external development. This position reports to the Director, Sales GSO.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Identify and develop an account plan designed to increase revenue while managing compliance, profitability, and revenue channel development.
- Act as the key contact for Global clients, understand customer’s needs and goals, and create and execute a strategy that aligns the PSAV resources and solutions that solve customer needs
- Qualify and quantify the customers holistic needs in AV, Event Technology, Production, Content and all technical event needs
- Create and execute plans to further penetrate the account. This includes securing customer appointments and executing sales calls, customer business reviews, and action plans to identify and secure both short and long-term revenue opportunities.
- Ensure each account shows consistent progress of PSAV moving from vendor status through desired role of trusted advisor and moving up the buy/sell hierarchy by consistently establishing and delivering on our Core Value Proposition.
- Understand customer’s industry trends and associations, and build a network that continues to establish credibility, rapport, and opportunities to engage customers.
- Develop deep knowledge of customer procurement strategies, structure, businesses, and synergies
- Aggregate client account-based growth data and evaluate areas of opportunity
- Anticipate client needs and proactively develop an approach that is tailored to each client
- Model account-based trends on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis, and compare data with previous years' results and forecast future account-based growth rates
- Drive results through customized solutions
- Serve as a subject matter expert for all of PSAV’s owned subsidiary companies with the ability to sell full solutions to the customer’s holistic needs
- Responsible for generating leads and mining opportunities within existing accounts to drive incremental revenue
- Understand industry trends that impact customer buying behaviors and offer innovative solutions
- Engagement in relevant industry organizations
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual quotas.
- Actively manage account pipeline throughout the entire organization for all PSAV services including core audio visual services, power, rigging, HSIA, digital services and all offerings PSAV provides to clients.
Operational and Technical Support
- Communicate the technical needs of each program effectively to clients and internal partners.
- Review quotes to ensure compliance with MSA agreements and PSAV Policy.
- Utilize software tools including diagrams, proposals, renderings, CAD drawings and related technical material to sell programs to clients while managing budget and exceeding customer expectations.
- Understand PSAV’s family of brands, product offerings, and servicing divisions and communicate the customer’s needs cross functionally.
Information Management, Reporting, and Company Support
- Work closely with PSAV internal contacts to realize account objectives and act on resolving customer experience and internal issues.
- Identify and assign PSAV team members, including senior leadership on the buy/sell hierarchy for key accounts.
- Monitor and maintain accurate and timely compass activity data entry, billing records, show evaluations, customer surveys, monthly or quarterly reporting, and any other information on assigned accounts requested by management in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain timely and consistent customer reporting, delivery, and communication of key requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree desirable
- Minimum 6+ years of Audio Visual/Technical sales and/or Sales Management industry experience
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Ability to create technically and/or logistically complex proposals
- Ability to create and execute a strategic customized account plan
- Experience in networking targeted customers at industry events
- Experience working within a team environment to over-deliver on desired results
- Experience with high-level (Director or above) contract negotiations and the ability to successfully navigate complex organizations
- Excellent computer skills including all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with the use of customer relationship database
- Experience with creating and executing presentations using PowerPoint and/or other forms of media
- Strong written and oral communication skills needed to draft sales presentations, and effectively solicit business via phone and face to face customer contact, as well as through tradeshow and industry events
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- In depth understanding of the meetings and event technology industries
- Desire and ability to travel within the United States or abroad
- Manages Complexity
- Business Insight
- Strategic Mindset
- Communicates Effectively
- Builds Networks
- Drives Quality Results
- Plans and Aligns
- Instills Trust
- Manages Ambiguity
Team members must be able to meet the physical demands above in order to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency options consist of: Continuously, Frequently, Occasionally and Never.
Hours Per Day
Lifting 0 - 15 lbs*
Lifting 16 – 50 lbs*
Lifting 51 - 100 lbs
Lifting Over 100 lbs
Carrying 0 - 15 lbs*
Reaching (above your head)
Carrying 16 – 50 lbs*
Carrying 51 - 100 lbs
Carrying Over 100 lbs
Pushing/Pulling 0 - 15 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 16 – 50 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 51 - 100 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling Over 100 lbs
*Identifies the physical requirements that team members perform without assistance.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Part Time Technical Lead Audio Visual - Boston Branch Office Warehouse, Transportation & Logistics, Audio Visual Specialist 12623768 Massachusetts, United States
- Driver NON-CDL Philadelphia Regional Warehouse Warehouse, Transportation & Logistics 12623769 Pennsylvania, United States
- Technician - Audio Visual - Terranea Resort Technician 12621372 California, United States
- Part-Time Technician - Audio Visual - Terranea Resort Part-time Technician, Technician 12621370 California, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.