Tax AnalystJob ID TAXAN03817 Date posted 07/31/2019 Location Schiller Park, Illinois Position Type Full-Time
The Tax Analyst is responsible for supporting the Tax function in a complex multi-jurisdictional environment. This person would review and validate sales and use tax exemption certificates on a daily basis, respond to customer tax issues, gather supportive documentation for tax audits, prepare and analyze the monthly journal entries and tax account reconciliations. Additional responsibilities include research and apply tax law and provide multi-state and local tax advice through tax law research, support the personal property and business license process. Make recommendations to direct management as necessary. This position will report to the Sr. Manager, Tax.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage the exemption certificate process by reviewing and validating exemption certificates received via our exemption certificate system, Compass, and the general Tax email box.
- Review and make a decision to approve or reject the exemption certificate based on state regulations.
- Respond to all inquiries and address any customer tax issues by gathering facts and performing analysis to determine how the tax issue can be resolved.
- Run reports from billing systems on a quarterly basis to determine which exemption certificates the tax department does not have on file.
- Communicate with field managers to obtain the proper documentation, if non-compliant.
- Maintain files to track those exemption certificates that are returned.
- Run report to identify suspect exemption information that has been entered into the billing system.
- Follow up with field staff regarding suspect entries.
Tax Audit Preparation
- Assist with Sales and Use Tax audits.
- Obtain information from the billing and AP systems, billing experts, general ledger and exemption certificate system.
- Analyze and compile the information that the auditors have requested.
- Obtain examples of contracts with our customers or other documentation as requested.
Preparation of Monthly Journal Entries and Reconciliations
- Prepare journal entries on a monthly basis to book payments of sales tax and personal property tax.
- Record payments of business license renewals and applications to our license accrual.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for sales tax and personal property tax by performing analysis on the various GL tax accounts.
Personal Property and Business License Compliance
- Support team members for any tasks related to the personal property and business license compliance.
- Assist with other tax related projects as the business requires.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting or equivalent experience required.
- 1+ years of corporate sales tax experience in public accounting and/or private industry.
- Strong understanding of state and local tax concepts.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
- Strong analytical and technical skills, along with the ability to work independently and manage workload timely.
- Candidate will be required to work with field staff across the country and provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to efficiently manage a tax calendar and complete all monthly tasks in addition to other duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively communicate and conduct sales and use tax audits.
- Ability to identify tax savings opportunities and incentives for the various state jurisdictions.
Competencies (by Core Values)
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 13817937 Florida, United States
- Technician - Audio Visual (All Levels/FT/PT) - Palm Springs* Technician 13817938 California, United States
- Director, Graphic Design & Production Creative Services, Creative - Design 13817939 Maryland, United States
- Part-Time Technician - Audio Visual- Hilton Americas (Houston) Part-time Technician, Technician 13817940 Texas, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.