Sr Income Tax AnalystJob ID SRINC08141 Date posted 10/23/2020 Location Schiller Park , IL Position Type Full-Time
Key Job Responsibilities
Compliance & Reporting
- Participate in Federal, State and local income tax compliance including the preparation of corporate and partnership federal, state and local income tax returns, extensions and estimates.
- Participate in the preparation of the Tax Provision under ASC 740, including calculation of effective tax rates, deferred tax items, analysis of tax accounts and reserves, related journal entries, and review of tax account reconciliations.
- Assist in implementation of automation improvement opportunities for the Corporate Tax Department.
- Participate in and facilitate process for tax department SOX controls.
- Review tax work of outside providers.
- Partner with the Income Tax Manager on federal and state income tax audits, including preparing responses to information/document requests and coordinating with tax team members in the preparation of documentation for these tax audits.
Research & Planning
- Perform research on various federal, state, and international tax issues and prepare documentary memos as needed.
- Track and monitor tax law changes.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional internal groups to advance tax efforts, including tax planning, tax compliance, tax audit, finance and IT
- Provide technical subject matter expertise to personnel in the Field and less experienced staff
- Work with the VP of Tax and Income Tax Manager on the tax implications of mergers and acquisitions, and/or other structuring projects.
- Participate in various tax related projects throughout their lifecycle from onboarding new subsidiaries to transitioning to our support operations group.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting or equivalent experience required
- 3-6 years of corporate experience in public accounting and/or private industry.
- Strong understanding of federal, state, and local income tax concepts. Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with fellow team members
- Strong analytical and technical skills, along with the ability to work independently and manage workload timely
- Must have good leadership, communication, time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, work well with others and promote a team environment
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Oracle, CCH Tax Research, OneSource and Sage a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate and conduct income tax audits
- Ability to train and develop new staff
Competencies (by Core Values)
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.