Network Operations Center Engineer, ISJob ID NOCEN05722 Date posted 11/07/2019 Location Schiller Park, Illinois Position Type Full-Time
Internet Services (IS) is a service provider organization delivering network services to clients and hoteliers in the hospitality industry. Internet services are installed and operated within meeting and guest rooms in hotels and other event facilities. Engineer responsibilities include the support of WAN/LAN, wireless, voice, and video network solutions. Act as a consultant to clients and internal PSAV employees providing expert internet and event design and configurations. This position reports to the Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager.
The right candidate will identify with PSAV’s core promises to its internal and external customers; Hospitality, Responsiveness, Ownership and Professionalism.
Key Job Responsibilities
Incident Response Management
Primary incident response responsibilities include support for end users utilizing meeting and guest room networks under management and integration of new network installations into the Network Operations Center (NOC) systems. Act as level two support for level one field employees and guest room support teams. Document incidents and network changes and perform root cause analysis as required. Follow department Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and maintain centralized operational documentation. Provide emergency on-site support.
Consult with internal and external end users on event and network requirements including pre-sales discovery and support. Review and respond to client request for proposals (RFP) and maintain temporary event documentation as required. Coordinate with onsite staff and IS event and installation teams for resource management. Provide custom network designs and configurations as required. Provide custom event reporting and analytics utilizing enterprise-class tools as required.
Internet Monitoring and Maintenance
Responsible for monitoring and analyzing network performance and device behavior and adhere to departmental standards and service level agreements (SLA). Proactively identify and remediate potential network issues. Follow incident response management procedures, acknowledgement and support of alerts, and provide reports and escalation information to stakeholders. Perform routine network preventative health checks and maintenance.
Training and Research & Development
Responsible for staying current with approved network hardware and software manufactures, such as; Cisco, Ruckus, HP, Solarwinds, Apple, Microsoft, etc. Prepare and deliver training, guides, and formal documentation to colleagues on specific hardware and software as directed. Utilize in-house lab environment for testing new functionality, features, and software upgrade as well as simulating current issues and behaviors of client setups.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent job experience
- Preferred Certifications: Cisco (CCNA), CompTIA Network+, HP, or other equivalent internet and wireless vendors
- 3+ years of Cisco IOS and hardware experience. Familiarity with the following Cisco hardware:
- 2800, 2900, 3900, 4451x, ASR 1001, or better series routers
- 2950, 2960/S/X, 3560/X, 3750/X, 4500, or better catalyst switches
- 2500, 4400, 5800, or better Wireless LAN Controllers
- 1130-3500, 1600-3600, 1700-3700 or better autonomous and LWAP/CWAP series access points
- Experience with Cisco ACS, Prime/WCS, Solarwinds products, or other network monitoring tools preferred
- Proficient in and understanding of QoS, ACLs, IPSEC/VPNs, TCP/IP, DHCP, and ISP circuit technologies
- General experience with Desktop Operating Systems – Win7, Vista, WinXP, Mac
- Strong documentation skills and ability to use Microsoft Office, Visio.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to influence other levels of management, develop technical documentation, and create customer / internal communications
- Building Consensus
- People Development
- Exceed Customer Expectations
- Communication Skills
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Director, Event Technology I Operations Management 14423827 Massachusetts, United States
- Technician Audio Visual (Denver Sheraton Downtown) Technician 14423825 Colorado, United States
- Operations Manager, Hotel Services The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Operations Management 14423829 Florida, United States
- Part Time Audio Visual Technician - The Graduate Hotel Technician 14423826 Minnesota, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.