Manager, Financial Planning & AnalysisJob ID MGRFI06758 Date posted 01/13/2020 Location Schiller Park , IL Position Type Full-Time
The Manager, Finance - Commercial will serve as an effective Financial Planning & Consultant for PSAV’s Commercial and Production businesses assuming responsibility for financial and strategic aspects of the broader Commercial and Production function of the organization. This will require a side-by-side partnership with Senior Leadership and the various leaders responsible for the success and profitable execution of contracts, events and ongoing strategic analytics. Focus areas include (but are not limited to), monthly reporting insights, value prioritization recommendations, development of action plans around priority areas of opportunity, forecasting, budgeting and long range planning. The position reports to the Director, FP&A – Commercial while working in extremely close manner with multiple Commercial leadership teams.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Actively participate in monthly business reviews and provide analytical support (focused on strategic insights) to the commercial and production leadership teams.
• Provide support and strategic analytics around our broader commercial strategy to maintain our existing venue footprint and grow our new venue footprint.
• Maximize efficiency around contract negotiations and strategy.
• Support Commercial SVPs in managing sales teams to hit targets and performance goals.
• Provide support and strategic analytics to profitably grow the production arm of our business.
• Own all financial reporting and strategic analyses for SVP business leaders (P&L owner).
• Identify the drivers of financial performance in each region and sub-region.
• Provide in-depth analysis and recommendations on event level profitability, strategic contract negotiation, sales and labor management, discount management, capital expenditure and sub-rental management.
• Support Executive Team with ad hoc financial analysis.
Budgeting, Forecasting and Planning
• Lead the annual budgeting process of relevant commercial and production departments.
• Partner with executive leadership to ensure budgeted performance is in line with economic and industry expectations.
• Leverage organizational reporting tools (budgeting software, CRM, etc.) to update forecasted performance throughout the year; provide weekly flash forecasts to inform executives of near term performance.
• Collaborate with corporate finance team to build 5 year long range plans.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related quantitative discipline required; MBA preferred but not required.
• 5+ years of Financial Analysis or related experience.
• Strong work ethic geared toward enacting change and a “whatever it takes” mentality understanding there is meaningful opportunity for rapid career growth within the organization.
• Willingness to travel (expected 1 – 2 times each month).
• Experience in the budgeting, forecasting and planning process in an FP&A environment.
• Strong experience in consulting with executive leaders to influence business decisions by leveraging data based insights.
• Expert in a broad range of data analysis, statistical and data management methods
• Superior financial acumen and analytical ability
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, Oracle G/L, SQL
• Working knowledge of budgeting, data visualization and business intelligence software and tools
• Expert ability to build and interpret pro forma financial models
• Strategic Mindset
• Action Oriented
• Drives Quality results
• Communicates Effectively
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual Renaissance Boca Raton Technician, Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 14977600 Florida, United States
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa Technician, Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 14977597 Texas, United States
- Technician Audio Visual - Hyatt Regency Cambridge Technician 14977598 Massachusetts, United States
- Audio Visual Technician - Hotel Chicago Technician 14977602 Illinois, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.