Information Technology Intern – Applications – Summer 2020Job ID ITAPP05075 Date posted 10/09/2019 Location Schiller Park, Illinois Position Type Full-Time
PSAV is a leading provider in the audiovisual and event experiences industry delivering creative production, advanced technology and staging to help our customers deliver more dynamic and impactful experiences at their meetings, trade shows and special events. As the provider of choice at nearly 1,600 leading hotels, resorts and convention centers throughout the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean, Mexico, Europe and the Middle East, PSAV’s customers comprise event organizers, corporations, trade associations and meeting planners. Our customers choose PSAV for its innovative and comprehensive service offerings, as well as our exceptional customer service from more than 10,000 highly trained staff across a global platform.
Assist the Applications Development Group in enhancing and supporting PSAV applications. You will be hands on extending and upgrading the existing web-based code, evaluating database query improvements, upgrading web and mobile applications and writing new reports and database queries. This position is based in Schiller Park, IL. Temporary housing is not provided for this role.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Working under the supervision of a Senior Developer, you will design, develop, and test system features using PSAV’s software development methodology.
- Working with the Project Management Office, you will evaluate and document feature requests, bug fixes, build a plan for project delivery, with an ultimate goal of user acceptance.
- Working with the Application Services team you will package and release you system changes as required by our Environment Change Management process.
- Bachelor's degree in process
- Experience programming with C# or VB.Net
- Experience programming with ASP.Net and client/server architecture desired
- Experience writing T-SQL syntax in a Microsoft SQL Server environment
- The ability to work in an agile and creative environment
- Solid communication and customer service skills
- Highly motivated individual with passion for customer service, follow-through and learning
- Exceed Customer Expectations
- Communication skills
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Part Time Technician Audio Visual - Marriott Hartford Part-time Technician, Technician 13747334 Connecticut, United States
- Part Time Technician Audio Visual Part-time Technician, Technician 13747335 California, United States
- Technician Audio Visual - Marriott Savannah Riverfront Technician 13747336 Georgia, United States
- Part-Time Technician Audio Visual - Marriott Savannah Riverfront Part-time Technician, Technician 13747337 Georgia, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.