Director, Marketing InsightsJob ID DIREC01883 Date posted 03/07/2019 Location Schiller Park, Illinois Position Type Full-Time
The Director, Marketing Insights will deliver fact-based understanding and insight that guides business strategies and helps create competitive advantage for the organization. This position is responsible for customer and brand research, market and competitor research, and measure campaign and initiative effectiveness, through qualitative and quantitative research. The Director, Marketing Insights will develop and deploy strategic insights and action-oriented recommendations throughout PSAV to optimize; marketing, sales, operations, learning and innovation teams. Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing, this role will be a critical member of the Marketing Leadership Team and will lead the Customer Insights & Experience team.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Build collective insight into customer needs, wants, perceptions, and preferences through the capture and analysis of the Voice of the Customer.
- Develop strategic and tactical recommendations through analytics and insights to measure, strengthen and optimize our market position, brand perception and target audience.
- Develop a thorough, fact-based understanding of customer segments and behaviors to identify robust business opportunities to drive our Marketing and Sales strategies.
- Understand PSAV venue partners, ownership groups and meeting planner customers’ needs to align PSAV’s customer experience efforts and create proper synergy and be a competitive differentiator for these stakeholders.
- Establish research learning plans and build collaborative partnerships with cross-functional teams. Influence business strategies and plans by effectively communicating data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders including Marketing, Operations, Sales and Innovation teams.
- Architect and lead the research execution, planning, implementation, and analysis of high-value, strategic research and insights projects, ensuring the final deliverables are high-quality and provide impactful insights.
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to understand customer needs and desired experiences. Conduct customer and event satisfaction, brand tracking, and numerous "ad hoc" research initiatives.
- Deliver research expertise, succinctly interpreting and synthesizing multi-source data to insights that lead to actionable strategies and plans for the brand and go to market strategies.
- Maintain expert-level knowledge of emerging research trends and methodologies to derive valuable customer insights that drive the business.
Organizational Accountability & Influence
- Act as primary architect for improving the customer experience while effectively collaborating with subject matter experts. Develop cross-company accountability and drive change from the Executive Team to the front line.
- Engage with the executive team and provide thought leadership and guidance as the company seeks to enhance the customer experience and make smarter, more informed choices across the business.
- Align all relevant global markets with a consistent PSAV approach to measure voice of the customer and customer experience initiatives.
People Leadership/Team Development
- Lead the Customer Insights and Experience team to create scalable programs that continually improve the customers’ experiences.
- Effectively manage, coach and develop staff in order to provide an engaging and challenging work environment that optimizes talent resources necessary to achieve business objectives.
- Effectively collaborate with internal teams to support the growth of the business.
- Establish and manage vendor partners and subject matter specialists that enhance the departments’ capabilities.
- BS/BA degree required in Business, Marketing, Market Research or related field of study, MBA preferred.
- 12+ years customer insights experience, demonstrating progressive career growth. Client-side experience in a B2C and B2B organization preferred.
- 7 years of people management experience.
- Deep expertise in a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, techniques and processes including segmentation, brand positioning, messaging, brand tracking, creative concept and advertising.
- Experience in leveraging advanced analytics in developing insights and recommendations.
- Experience utilizing and analyzing various business intelligence sources (custom research, syndicated data, market level data, digital data, and trends) to help influence decisions and actions.
- Proven experience designing and building an Insights team—recruiting, hiring, developing, and motivating direct reports, and installing an Insight-centric culture.
- Function as both a “strategic thinker” and “doer”. Provide strategic customer insights leadership while executing initiatives as a “hands-on” member of the team.
- Track record of success providing analysis, strategic direction, and business recommendations to C-level executive leaders on critical decisions.
- Balanced blend of strategic, practical, analytical and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills. Ability to convert key takeaways in a clear and visual manner and influence senior leadership.
- Proactively collaborates with cross-functional teams to create a results driven, team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead/manage external vendors and agency partners.
- Strong budget management skills.
Competencies (by Core Values)
- Manages complexity
- Business Insight
- Strategic Mindset
- Communicates effectively
- Builds effective teams
- Drives quality results
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Technician Audio Visual Intercontinental Doral Technician 12260171 Florida, United States
- Seasonal Technician Audio Visual - Boston Area Technician, Seasonal Technician 12254717 Massachusetts, United States
- Technical Lead Audio Visual - Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square Audio Visual Specialist, Audio Visual Technician 12254716 Pennsylvania, United States
- Part-Time Technician Audio Visual - Hyatt Monterey Technician, Part-time Technician 12254715 California, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your joruney to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.