Associate Network Operations Center Engineer, ISJob ID ASSOC06867 Date posted 01/16/2020 Location Schiller Park , IL Position Type Full-Time
Internet Services (IS) is a service provider organization delivering network services to clients and hoteliers in the hospitality industry. Network services are installed and operated within meeting and guest rooms in hotels and other event facilities. Associate Engineer responsibilities include the support of WAN/LAN, wireless, voice, and video network solutions. Assist in consulting external clients and internal PSAV employees with providing network and event design and configurations. This position reports to the Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager and mentored by Senior NOC Engineers.
Key Job Responsibilities
Incident Response Management
- Assist Senior NOC Engineers with aiding end users utilizing meeting and guest room networks under management and integration of new and existing network installations into the Network Operations Center (NOC) systems.
- Act as level two support for level one field employees and guest room support teams.
- Document incidents and network changes and perform root cause analysis as required.
- Support NOC software solutions and provide necessary maintenance and improvements.
- Follow department Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and maintain centralized operational documentation.
- Operate as part of required after hours and weekend call support shifts.
- Provide emergency remote and on-site support.
- Assist in supporting internal and external end users on event and network requirements including pre-sales discovery and support.
- Assist in the review and response to client request for proposals (RFP) and maintain temporary event documentation as required.
- Provide custom event reporting and analytics utilizing enterprise-class tools as required.
Network Monitoring and Maintenance
- Assist other NOC Engineers in monitoring and analyzing of network performance and device behavior and adhere to departmental standards and service level agreements (SLA).
- Proactively identify and remediate potential network issues.
- Follow incident response management procedures, acknowledgement and support of alerts, and provide reports and escalation information to stakeholders.
- Assist with routine network preventative health checks and maintenance.
Training and Research & Development
- Responsible for staying current with approved network hardware and software manufactures, such as; Cisco/Meraki, Ruckus, HP, Solarwinds, Apple, Microsoft, etc.
- Assist with preparing and delivering training, guides, and formal documentation to colleagues on specific hardware and software as directed.
- Utilize in-house lab environment for testing new functionality, features, and software upgrade as well as simulating current issues and behaviors of client setups.
- Assist NOC Manager, Senior NOC Engineers, and field teams with internal documentation, logistics and vendor management.
- Preferred Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent job experience.
- Preferred Certifications: CompTIA, Cisco CCENT/CCNA/CCDA/CCNP/Wireless specialties and/or other equivalent network and wireless vendors.
- Preferred Cisco IOS and hardware experience. Familiarity with any of the following Cisco hardware:
- 2900/3900, 4431/4451x, ASR 1001, or better series routers
- 2960/S/X, 3560/X, 3750/X, 3850, 9200/9300/9500 or better catalyst switches
- 3504, 5508, 5520, 9800 or better Wireless LAN Controllers
- 1130-3500, 1600-3600, 1700-3700, 1800-4800 or better autonomous and LWAP/CWAP series access points
- Preferred experience with HP/Aruba, Ruckus, Meraki and other wireless solutions.
- Preferred experience with Cisco TACACS, DNA/Prime/WCS, Solarwinds products and/or other network monitoring tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to influence other levels of management, develop technical documentation, and create customer / internal communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on listening and questioning.
- Ability to participate as an on-call for level 2/3 escalation, requiring availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Ability to demonstrate PSAV’s core promises to its internal and external customers; Hospitality, Responsiveness, Ownership and Professionalism.
Competencies (by Core Values)
- Communicates Effectively
- Balances Stakeholders
- Ensures Accountability
- Drives Quality Results
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Part Time Audio Visual Technician Technician 15425744 Kentucky, United States
- Warehouse Technician Audio Visual (Tempe Warehouse ) Technician, Warehouse, Transportation & Logistics 15425742 Arizona, United States
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual - Whitley Atlanta Buckhead Technician, Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 15425745 Georgia, United States
- Power Distribution Technician- Boca Raton Resort Technician, Rigging, Power, Internet & Networking 15425743 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.