Associate Application DeveloperJob ID ASSOC07275 Date posted 02/07/2020 Location Schiller Park , IL Position Type Full-Time
The responsibility of the Associate Application Developer will be to support, develop, document, test and implement business applications using various technologies while adhering to the PSAV Development framework. Primary technologies used are Microsoft based, with exposure to both Web and Windows based solutions. This position is required to work directly with the Development Manager and development team members. Secondary focus will be to support the user community and Service Desk team with application related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of Development Manager or experienced colleagues analyzes production issues and provides solutions in a timely manner.
- Works directly with customers, level 1, and level 2 support teams and Development Manager to provide feedback and gather information to assist with issue resolution.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating technical and non-technical documentations as needed.
- Coordinates issue resolution with internal and external resources as needed.
- Works under the supervision of Development Manager and participates with other development team members in test, support and development of simple tasks and/or software applications.
- Adheres to the defined software development methodologies and ensures milestones are met and technology standards are followed.
- Provides technical help to the Service Desk team members when requested.
- Deploys solution updates within established release management windows (typically off-hours).
- Comments code as defined by the development framework.
- Maintains and assist in the creation of system design and programming specification documents as needed.
- Maintains developer and administrator guides.
- Maintains the knowledge base of application development process and technical standards.
- Participates with other application developer colleagues to meetings pertaining to process improvement and makes recommendations regarding development and testing methodologies.
- BS or equivalent degree in computer science 0-2 years of hands-on application development or support.
- Experience with Microsoft .NET technologies and frameworks (Visual Studio 2013 and higher, C#, ASP.Net or WinForms)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server technologies and tools(2008 and higher)
- Experience with key concepts of database design and multidimensional relational databases.
- Microsoft VB.Net WinForms experience a plus
- Experience writing T-SQL syntax in a Microsoft SQL Server environment
- Mobile software development (Xamarin) a plus
- Experience with DevOps a plus
- Experience with Oracle DB and Oracle Financials a plus
- Ability to create and maintain positive and professional business relationship with both internal associates and external business users
- Ability to self-prioritize, negotiate, and manage requests from multiple projects
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated individual with passion for learning/sharing information from/with peers
- Action Oriented
- Ensures Accountability
- Drives Quality Results
- Instills Trust
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Part Time Audio Visual Technician Technician 15425744 Kentucky, United States
- Warehouse Technician Audio Visual (Tempe Warehouse ) Technician, Warehouse, Transportation & Logistics 15425742 Arizona, United States
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual - Whitley Atlanta Buckhead Technician, Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 15425745 Georgia, United States
- Power Distribution Technician- Boca Raton Resort Technician, Rigging, Power, Internet & Networking 15425743 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.