Senior Sales Manager, Hotel ServicesApply Later Apply Job ID 207373 Date posted 01/29/2019
The Sr. Sales Manager leads the sales process for assigned groups and directs staff to effectively guide customers through their event experiences. Identifies solutions that meet customer goals and objectives, and utilizes all available tools to ensure maximum event and revenue capture from assigned customer base. Cultivates and maintains relationships with key hotel personnel to enhance the overall business relationship with hotel. Serves as a resource for large, high-end event production in venue location/region and supports team as needed with guidance and training. Leads and supports Company initiatives, business strategies and Core Values. This position supervises the Sales Manager and reports to the Sales Director or Director, Event Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Drive Results by soliciting and securing business through a proactive, consultative sales approach, utilizing PSAV’s sales process and methodology.
- Maximize revenue opportunity for assigned customers by creating effective strategies for per-event revenue growth, including upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Create high-end, large event, advanced technology solutions for PSAV’s existing and potential customers.
- Prepare and deliver compelling presentations that convey the value of PSAV and effectively solve customer challenges.
- Effectively collaborate with vendors and other departments/divisions of the company to capture and service events.
- Attend site visits, pre-conference planning meetings, and appropriate venue meetings as necessary to support the customer event experience.
- Understand event cost structure and incorporates into solution designs according to established profitability guidelines.
- Deliver World-Class Service by cultivating and maintaining relationships with customers, venue personnel and various PSAV supporting functions and departments.
- Thoroughly research and understand customer history and previous experiences, in order to create more personalized customer experiences.
- Lead sales meetings, deliver group presentations, and facilitate budgeting and forecasting discussions with hotel partners.
- Value People by attending internal and external customer meetings, understanding their goals and responding to their questions, concerns, and challenges.
- Address customer complaints and concerns, and effectively resolve issues.
- Do the Right Thing by ensuring all customer information is up to date and accurate in the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) at all times.
- Actively refer and guide customers through the PSAV network, leveraging contacts to secure additional opportunities with existing customers.
- Maintain a healthy pipeline at all times that ensures achievement of established revenue targets.
- Ensure all known opportunities are in CRM and completely accurate and updated at all times.
- See the Big Picture by supporting the sales forecasting efforts at home location, ensuring they are accurate and submitted timely.
- Assist Director in setting sales quotas and assigning leads.
- Learn and adopt all SOPs related to the role and any new initiatives/programs that are implemented.
- Maintain knowledge of new product/service offerings and emerging technology supporting meetings and events.
- Support sales team members with pipeline management, creating effective sales strategies, and implementing best practices.
- Provide direct leadership and guidance to Sales Team members.
- Train, mentor and coach sales team members.
- Partner with Sales Team members to provide support and guidance on large complex events.
- Value People by promoting a culture of high performance, accountability and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Participate in regional or national committees as requested by sales leadership.
- Facilitate training at location or within home region as needed to increase the sales teams’ skills.
Required Experience :
- BS/BA or 3+ years of PSAV or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 2+ years of sales experience required
- Prior sales experience in audiovisual, technology or hospitality experience preferred
- Knowledge of sales process required in addition to the ability to read and decipher financial reports and records
- Technical aptitude, computer proficiency and CRM knowledge required. Prefer CAD and Oracle knowledge
- Superior communication and presentation skills
Competencies (by Core Values)
- Directs Work
- Manages Complexity
- Financial Acumen
- Balance Stakeholders
- Develops Talent
- Builds Networks
- Drives Quality Results
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Manages Ambiguity
Team members must be able to meet the physical demands below in order to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency options consist of: Continuously, Frequently, Occasionally and Never.
Hours Per Day
Lifting 0 - 15 lbs*
Lifting 16 – 50 lbs*
Lifting 51 - 100 lbs
Lifting Over 100 lbs
Carrying 0 - 15 lbs*
Reaching (above your head)
Carrying 16 – 50 lbs*
Carrying 51 - 100 lbs
Carrying Over 100 lbs
Pushing/Pulling 0 - 15 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 16 – 50 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 51 - 100 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling Over 100 lbs
*Identifies the physical requirements that team members perform without assistance.
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Technician Audio Visual Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne Technician, Ops - Technical Services 10986307 Florida, United States
- Director, Event Technology I Director, Ops - General 10986308 California, United States
- Seasonal Technician Audio Visual Miami/Biscayne Bay Areas Technician, Ops - Technical Services 10986309 Florida, United States
- PT Technician-Audio Visual (AV) Event Technology (Salt Palace Convention) Technician, Ops - Technical Services 10986310 Utah, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your joruney to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.