Sales Manager, Hotel ServicesJob ID SALES03543 Date posted 07/12/2019 Location San Francisco, California Position Type Full-Time
Key Job Responsibilities
- Drive Results by soliciting and securing business through a proactive, consultative sales approach, utilizing PSAV’s sales process and methodology.
- Effectively prepare and present quotes and proposals in a timely manner to customers, including those submitted through www.psav.com, venue booking system, or other sources as assigned.
- Effectively collaborate with vendors and other departments/divisions of the company to capture and service events.
- Attend site visits, pre-conference planning meetings, and appropriate venue meetings as necessary to support the customer event experience.
- Understand event cost structure and incorporates this into solution designs according to established profitability guidelines.
- Deliver World-Class Service by cultivating and maintaining relationships with customers, venue personnel and various PSAV supporting functions and departments.
- Thoroughly research and understand customer history and previous experiences, in order to create more personalized customer experiences.
- Value People by attending customer meetings, understanding their goals and responding to their questions, concerns, and challenges.
- Do the Right Thing by ensuring all customer information is up to date and accurate in the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) at all times.
- Actively refer and guide customers through the PSAV network, leveraging contacts to secure additional opportunities with existing customers.
- Maintain a healthy pipeline at all times that ensures achievement of established revenue targets.
- Ensure all known opportunities are in CRM and completely accurate and updated at all times.
- See the Big Picture by supporting the sales forecasting efforts at home location, ensuring they are accurate and submitted timely.
- Learn and adopt all SOPs related to the role and any new initiatives/programs that are implemented.
- Maintain knowledge of new product/service offerings and emerging technology supporting meetings and events.
Required Experience :
- BS/BA or 1+ years of PSAV or equivalent experience required
- 1 year technology sales or hospitality experience preferred
- Prior sales experience in audiovisual is a plus
- Knowledge of hospitality industry and sales processes preferred
- Technical aptitude and computer proficiency required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Competencies (by Core Values)
- Decision Quality
- Business Insight
- Builds Networks
- Plans and Aligns
- Instills Trust
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
Team members must be able to meet the physical demands below in order to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency options consist of:Continuously, Frequently, Occasionally and Never.
Hours Per Day
Lifting 0 - 15 lbs*
Lifting 16 – 50 lbs*
Lifting 51 - 100 lbs
Lifting Over 100 lbs
Carrying 0 - 15 lbs*
Reaching (above your head)
Carrying 16 – 50 lbs*
Carrying 51 - 100 lbs
Carrying Over 100 lbs
Pushing/Pulling 0 - 15 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 16 – 50 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 51 - 100 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling Over 100 lbs
*Identifies the physical requirements that team members perform without assistance.
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Part Time Technical Lead Audio Visual - Boston Branch Office Warehouse, Transportation & Logistics, Audio Visual Specialist 12623768 Massachusetts, United States
- Driver NON-CDL Philadelphia Regional Warehouse Warehouse, Transportation & Logistics 12623769 Pennsylvania, United States
- Technician - Audio Visual - Terranea Resort Technician 12621372 California, United States
- Part-Time Technician - Audio Visual - Terranea Resort Part-time Technician, Technician 12621370 California, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.