Senior Applications DeveloperApply Later Apply Job ID 206342 Date posted 11/09/2018
The Senior Application Developer is responsible for analyzing, estimating, designing, documenting, testing and implementing business applications that provide solutions to support business processes. Functions include the development of Windows, mobile and Web based applications using Microsoft development technologies. The position is also required to work directly with the Development Manager, Escalation Analyst, Service Desk, Database Administration and User Community to solve user production issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
Work with business owners, business analysts, architects, DBA team, other developers and/or any 3rd party vendors when necessary to develop and test applications. Adhere to the defined software development methodologies for ensuring milestones are met and technology standards are followed. Be able to take ownership of the project and drive it to completion. Develop solution and create system design and programming specification documents as needed. Work with DBA to develop database structure for applications. Think outside of the box to provide solutions for technical challenges. Work with QA function to perform unit and system testing to maintain quality standard. Function as project / technical lead when needed. Should have experience working with and managing offshore teams. Actively build and maintain user relationship. Stay in touch with new technologies and technical trends. Responsible for providing software design/architecture, technical and business solutions.
Provide tier 2 or tier 3 support of all production applications, both web and client server based. Analyze production issues and provide solutions for problem solving in a timely manner. Create and update necessary technical and user documentations as needed. Participate in other production support activities as requested. Assist Application Developers to resolve complex technical issues.
Create and maintain technical process, code and design documentation. Help establish an environment for team and project collaboration. Maintain the knowledgebase of application development process and technical standard.
Provide technical mentoring and support for other application development team members. Assist in training Service Desk staff. Provide a continual example of high-level, quality service to all co-workers and customers.
Recommend process improvements as it relates to improving team communication, project communication, and overall development and testing methodologies. Coordinate issue resolution with other internal and external resources.
Required Experience :
- BS or equivalent degree in computer science
- 6+ year of hands-on application development and support experience
- Expert level experience in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET MVC development in a Microsoft Windows environment required
- Experience building responsive web application using Bootstrap and Angular
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server databases and supporting tools required
- HTML, XML, XSLT, XSD and Web Service (SOAP,REST) experience required
- Experience with mobile (Xamarin) required.
- Experience with Microsoft CRM a plus
- Experience with Oracle DB and Oracle Financials a plus
- Experience with software design patterns and SOA, Mulesoft is a plus
- Experience developing technical design specifications in a structure development methodology
- 3rd party software integration experience
- Ability to create and maintain positive and professional business relationship with both internal associates and external business users
- Ability to self-prioritize, negotiate, and manage requests from multiple projects
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated individual with passion for learning/sharing information from/with peers
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Solid understanding of Application Architectures, Software Design, Database Design and Object Oriented Development Methodologies.
- Independently motivated, work with little supervision
- Experience with DevOps preferred
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Technician Audio Visual Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne Technician, Ops - Technical Services 10986307 Florida, United States
- Director, Event Technology I Director, Ops - General 10986308 California, United States
- Seasonal Technician Audio Visual Miami/Biscayne Bay Areas Technician, Ops - Technical Services 10986309 Florida, United States
- PT Technician-Audio Visual (AV) Event Technology (Salt Palace Convention) Technician, Ops - Technical Services 10986310 Utah, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your joruney to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.