Senior Applications DeveloperApply Job ID 206342 Date posted 11/09/2018
The Senior Application Developer is responsible for analyzing, estimating, designing, documenting, testing and implementing business applications that provide solutions to support business processes. Functions include the development of Windows, mobile and Web based applications using Microsoft development technologies. The position is also required to work directly with the Development Manager, Escalation Analyst, Service Desk, Database Administration and User Community to solve user production issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
Work with business owners, business analysts, architects, DBA team, other developers and/or any 3rd party vendors when necessary to develop and test applications. Adhere to the defined software development methodologies for ensuring milestones are met and technology standards are followed. Be able to take ownership of the project and drive it to completion. Develop solution and create system design and programming specification documents as needed. Work with DBA to develop database structure for applications. Think outside of the box to provide solutions for technical challenges. Work with QA function to perform unit and system testing to maintain quality standard. Function as project / technical lead when needed. Should have experience working with and managing offshore teams. Actively build and maintain user relationship. Stay in touch with new technologies and technical trends. Responsible for providing software design/architecture, technical and business solutions.
Provide tier 2 or tier 3 support of all production applications, both web and client server based. Analyze production issues and provide solutions for problem solving in a timely manner. Create and update necessary technical and user documentations as needed. Participate in other production support activities as requested. Assist Application Developers to resolve complex technical issues.
Create and maintain technical process, code and design documentation. Help establish an environment for team and project collaboration. Maintain the knowledgebase of application development process and technical standard.
Provide technical mentoring and support for other application development team members. Assist in training Service Desk staff. Provide a continual example of high-level, quality service to all co-workers and customers.
Recommend process improvements as it relates to improving team communication, project communication, and overall development and testing methodologies. Coordinate issue resolution with other internal and external resources.
Required Experience :
- BS or equivalent degree in computer science
- 6+ year of hands-on application development and support experience
- Expert level experience in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET MVC development in a Microsoft Windows environment required
- Experience building responsive web application using Bootstrap and Angular
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server databases and supporting tools required
- HTML, XML, XSLT, XSD and Web Service (SOAP,REST) experience required
- Experience with mobile (Xamarin) required.
- Experience with Microsoft CRM a plus
- Experience with Oracle DB and Oracle Financials a plus
- Experience with software design patterns and SOA, Mulesoft is a plus
- Experience developing technical design specifications in a structure development methodology
- 3rd party software integration experience
- Ability to create and maintain positive and professional business relationship with both internal associates and external business users
- Ability to self-prioritize, negotiate, and manage requests from multiple projects
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated individual with passion for learning/sharing information from/with peers
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Solid understanding of Application Architectures, Software Design, Database Design and Object Oriented Development Methodologies.
- Independently motivated, work with little supervision
- Experience with DevOps preferred
- Part-Time Technician - Audio Visual Palm Harbor Technician, Part-time Technician 10277586 Florida, United States
- Sales Coordinator, Hotel AV Services Sales, Hotel Sales 10276121 District of Columbia, United States
- Director, Event Technology - Westin Whistler Director, Operations Management, Operations 10276122 British Columbia, Canada
- Sales Manager, Hotel Services Sales, Hotel Sales 10276120 District of Columbia, United States
Tremendous Worldwide Growth
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one venue. From Los Angeles to London, we are the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,400 venues globally.explore locations
Our 8,200 highly trained employees might not take center stage at events, but we make sure they are rewarded for being stars. Competitive salary, a full range of benefits and a true work-life balance are all part of the package.PSAV Benefits
Hundreds of Career Paths
Whether you do your best work behind a soundboard or in front of a sales team, PSAV will help you find a career path that leads to personal and professional fulfillment.learn more
A Day In The Life