Senior AccountantApply Later Apply Job ID 206886 Date posted 12/20/2018
The position is responsible for the completion and maintenance of key general ledger balance sheet accounts, recording of monthly general ledger transactions, and analysis and reconciliation of selected general ledger accounts. This position requires excellent communication and strong data management skills in addition to proactively contributing to process change improvements.
This position reports to the Manager, Accounting.
Key Job Responsibilities
Month End Close
Complete journal entries in Oracle for all areas assigned in the month end close process within due dates. Proactively analyze results for all areas assigned to identify issues and contribute to a timely and appropriate resolution.
Research and analyze location income statements and general ledger accounts per requests from hotel directors and management. Correct problems such as miscoding or improperly booked entries. Actively work with the field operations to identify reporting improvements and to continuously improve internal service levels.
Perform account reconciliations for a portion of the balance sheet chart of accounts as needed. Reconciliations are expected to be completed timely and accurately on a monthly basis.
Prepare requested schedules and assist in follow up research required to complete the quarterly and annual internal and external audits.
Sarbanes Oxley controls and Ad-hoc requests
Ensure compliance with SOX 404 controls and perform other ad-hoc requests for accounting as needed. Assist the Corporate Finance function in improving processes and procedures for more efficiency and effectiveness in reporting and analysis. Actively participate in special projects as assigned.
Required Experience :
• Bachelors and/or Masters in Accounting
• Certified Public Accountant preferred
• 4 + years of general/staff accounting experience
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Experience with Oracle or similar ERP software
• Advanced ability/proficient with Excel
• Strong data management skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Demonstrated attention to detail and concern for quality
• Ability to complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner
• Responsive to changing priorities and comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Technician Audio Visual Fairmont Copley Plaza Technician, Ops - Technical Services 10647145 Massachusetts, United States
- Technician Audio Visual The Colonnade Boston Technician, Ops - Technical Services 10647146 Massachusetts, United States
- Senior Audio Visual Warehouse Technician Technician, Warehouse, Transportation & Logistics 10643641 Pennsylvania, United States
- Director, Event Technology II Director, Operations, Operations Management 10643643 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your joruney to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.