Project Manager, Information TechnologyApply Job ID 206069 Date posted 10/19/2018
The Project Manager, Information Technology leads the development and execution of key initiatives and projects, including internal and external resources. Define and manage projects at the task level for a number of concurrent projects, provide leadership to the project teams and to be a communications channel between the business stakeholders, IT and executive leadership. Oversees projects and handles administrative tasks such as budget analysis, project and milestone planning and reporting. Foster a cooperative, results oriented and rewarding team environment. Work largely through self-directed effort with minimal supervision. Provide leadership for in direct reports (such as associate project manager and BA/QA), and indirect leadership for project teams who report within other areas of the company. This role reports into the Director PMO and Compliance.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage the full project lifecycle from initiation until closing.
- Develop detailed project plans and schedules.
- Prepare, manage and report on overall project schedule and budget to appropriate managerial levels.
- Track and report the status of project activities, milestones and project deliverables.
- Lead day-to-day project activities required to execute the project on time and on budget.
- Works with management to coordinate activities of the project team, identifying resources where needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project.
- Lead the development and execution of project plans from inception to completion.
- Identify, assess and facilitate resolution to business and technical issues and risks.
- Communicate effectively between all members of the project team by facilitating timely and appropriate generation, collection and dissemination of project information.
- Ensure all deliverables are at an acceptable level of quality before proceeding to the next phase.
- Develop and maintain a productive working relationship with all appropriate business stakeholders, IT staff, management, and third party service providers/vendors that are integral to the project delivery.
- Regularly communicate with project teams and executive leadership regarding status of projects.
- Provide technical expertise regarding project scoping, design, specifications, costs, timing and quality standards.
- Ensure adherence to Program requirements and standards.
- Take a supporting role in ongoing improvement of project management methods deployed across the company.
Reporting and Analysis
- Prepare, manage and report on overall project schedule and budget to appropriate stakeholders and Executive steering committee.
- Prepare cost analysis on projects.
- Solicit bids from vendors on consulting services and make recommendations to appropriate stakeholders as needed.
Required Experience :
- BA/BS degree in business administration or a related field.
- 5+ years of broad-ranging, hands-on experience in IT project management including resource planning and budgeting.
- Experience in leading IT-related projects is required.
- Proven ability to develop, document and maintain project plans including the design and documentation of detailed process flows.
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex information systems and technology organizations.
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of business areas including Finance, Procurement and HR operations.
- Ability to manage multi-dimensional project plan including ERP implementation, legacy data cleansing and conversion; and process re-engineering.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities, and participation in multiple parallel projects.
- Demonstrated expertise in project management methods, including those published by the Project Management Institute
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact appropriately with all levels of business leadership and collaborate with a variety of individuals to achieve desired results.
- Good understanding of how technology relates to business, market and industry requirements, and demonstrated ability to apply such knowledge to support business needs.
- Experience with large-scale application rollout across distributed locations in the organization
- Expertise in the use of MS Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project and Visio.
- Exposure to team collaboration tools (such as SharePoint).
- Formal certification(s) relating to project management is desirable, such as PMP or Agile. In lieu of certification, demonstrated experience and competency in the field will suffice.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to customer satisfaction. Must be able to communicate to different audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Must be able to excel in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Action Oriented
- Situational Adaptability
- Drives Engagement
- Builds Networks
- Decision Quality
- Business Insight
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
- Part-Time Technician - Audio Visual Palm Harbor Technician, Part-time Technician 10277586 Florida, United States
- Sales Coordinator, Hotel AV Services Sales, Hotel Sales 10276121 District of Columbia, United States
- Director, Event Technology - Westin Whistler Director, Operations Management, Operations 10276122 British Columbia, Canada
- Sales Manager, Hotel Services Sales, Hotel Sales 10276120 District of Columbia, United States
Tremendous Worldwide Growth
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one venue. From Los Angeles to London, we are the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,400 venues globally.explore locations
Our 8,200 highly trained employees might not take center stage at events, but we make sure they are rewarded for being stars. Competitive salary, a full range of benefits and a true work-life balance are all part of the package.PSAV Benefits
Hundreds of Career Paths
Whether you do your best work behind a soundboard or in front of a sales team, PSAV will help you find a career path that leads to personal and professional fulfillment.learn more
A Day In The Life