Rigging Coordinator, Event TechnologyApply Later Apply Job ID 206870 Date posted 12/19/2018
Responsible for the management and safe execution of rigging events in a PSAV approved rigging venue. Approves all Rigging designs using structural data and weight load limits for both internal and external rigging production needs. Schedules labor and supervises team members to ensure they are following the rigging standard operating procedures. This position reports to the Regional Vice President, Operations.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Supervise full-time and part-time Riggers on show site.
- Hire, train, develop full-time Riggers and evaluate performance.
- Develop a pool of part-time Riggers who can be called upon to provide assistance on a local and regional basis.
- Provide consistent leadership for Rigging Services support to our venue team members.
- Complete field assessments regarding rigging safety compliance within assigned region.
- Assist with periodic site inspections of new and existing facilities and evaluation of safety of existing rigging points.
- Perform load calculations and approve working load limits on all shows and events.
- Utilize CAD software to assist production companies with analysis of weight distributions of suspended loads.
- Review compliance on all OSHA regulations and standards pertaining to fall protection.
- Make recommendations and escalate compliance and safety needs to the Rigging leadership team.
- Ensure compliance with annual equipment certification procedures established by PSAV.
- Provide recommendations to assist in the selection of rigging equipment to best meet the needs of our teams and clients.
- Help review the accepted technical and safety standards within our industry and assist in its implementation.
- Coordinate and schedule all labor and equipment to facilitate the load-in and load-out of all events requiring rigging services.
- Attend major production site visits or other events as necessary to ensure the safety and efficiency of the show.
- Assist in the creation of PSAV produced shows to ensure timeline efficiency and standard operating procedure compliance including motor maintenance program, point inspections, training, ground supported structures and aerial performances.
- Assist in leading and overseeing cross-functional team activities from initial concept to final delivery.
Required Experience :
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience in rigging in either the entertainment, theatrical or production environment, including but not limited to, working as both ground and overhead rigger with PSAV and its Rigging team
- 2+ years effectively managing rigging teams, preferably of 10+ Riggers
- ETCP certification
- Working knowledge of CAD (Auto Sketch, VectorWorks, AutoCAD, LD Assistant or other) software.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with customers and leadership teams
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Qualified-Basic Rigging certification
- Lift certification
- Lift operation experience
- Ground operation experience
- High rigging without harness experience
- Staff Development
- Concern for Quality
- Exceeds Customer Expectations
- Decision Making
- Analytical Thinking
- Production Efficiency
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders for long periods of time. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area. 50% travel is required.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Technician Audio Visual Fairmont Copley Plaza Technician, Ops - Technical Services 10647145 Massachusetts, United States
- Technician Audio Visual The Colonnade Boston Technician, Ops - Technical Services 10647146 Massachusetts, United States
- Senior Audio Visual Warehouse Technician Technician, Warehouse, Transportation & Logistics 10643641 Pennsylvania, United States
- Director, Event Technology II Director, Operations, Operations Management 10643643 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your joruney to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.