Power Distribution Supervisor - Audio Visual (AV) Event Technology (Phoenix JW Marriott Desert Ridge)Apply Later Apply Job ID 206796 Date posted 12/14/2018
Intermediate level set up and operation of small to large-scale power distribution systems in a hospitality environment while ensuring complete customer satisfaction. Responsible for supervising team members, providing guidance, direction, and assistance. Will manage power equipment, operations and maintain customer relationships regarding power distribution services, with emphasis on power distribution planning, estimating, and design. This role will report to Area Manager, Power Distribution.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Timely and accurate setup, operation, and break down of intermediate power distribution equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.
- Inspect and maintain power distribution equipment and cabling.
- Provide excellent service and strive to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
- Monitor events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
- Create and execute show load-in/ load-out plans for both trade shows and production companies.
- Set and strike required electrical power for general sessions, breakouts, computer labs, dinning functions, entertainment events, exhibitors, decorators and production companies.
- Build custom cables and assist in the fabrication of electrical components if needed.
- Troubleshoot power concerns when problems occur.
- Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
- Strong customer services skills to maintain a positive relationship with all clients.
- Effectively communicate with team members, including the ability to direct employees and assist outside electricians when necessary.
- Cross train team members and assist with normal day to day audiovisual set-ups/strikes, if needed.
- Understand the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates basic operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues.
- Handle equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
- Understand the technical aspects and the SOPs for power distribution services.
- Practice OSHA, NFPA 70E and NEC power distribution safety and compliance.
- Working knowledge of 110v-220v, single and three phase equipment, different connectors, power phases, amperages, and voltages.
- Understand the differences between European conversion to American power.
- Knowledge of Power Generators and Transformers, as well as of meters and tools of the trade.
- Understand company processes, follows procedures and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately.
- Process equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike.
- Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for equipment.
- Increases revenue by utilizing floor up-selling techniques.
- Work with clients to finalize invoices.
- Completes Navigator order entries, as needed.
Planning and Operations
- Review, create and execute exhibitor order forms, electrical and exhibitor booth diagrams/blueprints and the ability to determine labor and material needs for future shows.
Required Experience :
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of customer service or hospitality experience, preferred.
- 3+ years of power distribution experience, preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required for team members in positions that may operate Company vehicles.
- Ability to obtain ESTA PDT certification within first 12 months of employment
- Candidate should have a minimum Level 3 proficiency in all specialties is required.
- Establish Level 2 proficiency within first 6 months in this position.
See Level 3 & Level 2 requirements in Skill Set Addendum.
Competencies (by Core Values)
- Decision Quality
- Tech Savvy
- Manages Conflict
- Builds Effective Teams
- Communicates Effectively
- Safety Conscious
- Instills Trust
Team members must be able to meet the physical demands above in order to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency options consist of: Continuously, Frequently, Occasionally and Never.
Hours Per Day
Lifting 0 - 15 lbs*
Lifting 16 – 50 lbs*
Lifting 51 - 100 lbs
Lifting Over 100 lbs
Carrying 0 - 15 lbs*
Reaching (above your head)
Carrying 16 – 50 lbs*
Carrying 51 - 100 lbs
Carrying Over 100 lbs
Pushing/Pulling 0 - 15 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 16 – 50 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 51 - 100 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling Over 100 lbs
*Identifies the physical requirements that team members perform without assistance.
Choose from one of the following (delete ones not used). Add additional information, as needed.
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Technician Audio Visual Fairmont Copley Plaza Technician, Ops - Technical Services 10647145 Massachusetts, United States
- Technician Audio Visual The Colonnade Boston Technician, Ops - Technical Services 10647146 Massachusetts, United States
- Senior Audio Visual Warehouse Technician Technician, Warehouse, Transportation & Logistics 10643641 Pennsylvania, United States
- Director, Event Technology II Director, Operations, Operations Management 10643643 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your joruney to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.