Operations Manager Hotel Services Fairmont Chateau LaurierJob ID OPERA06155 Date posted 12/02/2019 Location Ottawa, Ontario Position Type Full-Time
Manages floor operations to achieve service excellence with a focus on customer service, staff leadership, performance management and development. Achieves the overall goals of the organization through effective workforce and inventory cost control. This position reports directly to either an Operations Director or Director, Event Technology at locations producing greater than three million dollars in revenue.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manages the daily floor activities and workflow of technicians to ensure that all equipment and services are delivered on time, in good working condition and as specified by clients and the hotel.
- Provides direct supervision of team members including scheduling and time keeping.
- Ensures that billing is reviewed and approved by clients, and advises the Director and/or Sales Manager of any potential challenges.
- Ensures that daily equipment sheets are updated and properly completed.
- Manages inventory control procedures to maintain proper inventory levels while also maintaining safety, security, and quality assurance of equipment.
- Attends BEO, Pre-Cons, and pre-production meetings as needed.
- Delegates tasks as appropriate.
- Reviews quotes and provides recommendations for cost efficiencies in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Supervises and mentors operational staff to ensure client satisfaction and revenue maximization via onsite upselling.
- Provides outstanding customer service by establishing excellent working relationships with internal and external clients, team members, neighboring PSAV properties and all vendors. Mentors Technicians to also provide this superior level of customer service.
- Meets with guests onsite to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
- Portrays a polished, professional image according to the guidelines in the Employee Guide and/or hotel standards and ensures the team adheres to the same standards.
People Development & Training
- Promotes and reinforces a positive working environment centered on PSAV core values.
- Hire, develop, lead and motivate a talented team of technicians and operational support staff.
- Promote and drive professional development and training efforts to improve overall business acumen, technical knowledge and service to the field.
- Manage human resource related issues including performance management, salary administration and training and development.
- Effectively utilizes applicable company computer systems and software programs and ensure team members are properly trained.
- Registers and recommends team members for additional training opportunities as needed.
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 4+ years of audio visual and customer service/hospitality experience including 2+ years of supervisory experience OR completion of PSAV’s Accelerations Development Operations Program (ADOP).
- Experience leading workflow and team members.
- Working knowledge of audio visual equipment in a live show environment
- Proficiency with the use of computer hardware
- Proficiency with computer software and programs, including the Internet and Microsoft Office
- Effective leadership abilities and customer satisfaction focus.
- Exceeding Customer Expectations
- People Development
- Building Teamwork
- Building Organizational Commitment
- Concern for Quality
Hours Per Day
Lifting 0 - 15 lbs*
Lifting 16 – 50 lbs*
Lifting 51 - 100 lbs
Lifting Over 100 lbs
Carrying 0 - 15 lbs*
Reaching (above your head)
Carrying 16 – 50 lbs*
Carrying 51 - 100 lbs
Carrying Over 100 lbs
Pushing/Pulling 0 - 15 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 16 – 50 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 51 - 100 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling Over 100 lbs
*Identifies the physical requirements that team members perform without assistance.
Team members must be able to meet the physical demands above in order to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Director, Event Technology I Operations Management 14423827 Massachusetts, United States
- Technician Audio Visual (Denver Sheraton Downtown) Technician 14423825 Colorado, United States
- Operations Manager, Hotel Services The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Operations Management 14423829 Florida, United States
- Part Time Audio Visual Technician - The Graduate Hotel Technician 14423826 Minnesota, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.