Rigger Swan & Dolphin OrlandoApply Job ID 206422 Date posted 11/16/2018
Responsible for performing rigging activities in a Hospitality or convention center environment while upholding safety and quality standards per all trade, PSAV/property guidelines and SOP’s. Reports to Lead Rigger or Rigging Coordinator.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Gather and organize all rigging tools and equipment per event needs.
- Confirm carpet protected as required by local conditions.
- Provide ground rigging support to teams building points from lifts by staging motors and equipment under rig points, handing up motor chain, tools and equipment and spotting lift movements.
- Establish hang-point, connect hoist and attachments to permanent rigging points, connect GAC Flex spanset attachments to truss, connect/run and dress motor cables, run cable picks, ensure safety of scenic elements to hang-points and proper use of all truss protection equipment, inspect all cabling tie-offs.
- Check that all truss bolts are tight and pieces of flown equipment are safetied to truss.
- Support other trades needing help raising gear through use of motor or lift, and check work for safety.
- Remain on site until all motors have been raised to trim.
- Responsible for observing and maintaining all safety concerns during an event, including escalation of any observations of personnel who are acting in an unsafe manner.
- Ensure the power phasing of motor controller is appropriate to prevent limit switches from being defeated.
- Verify all elements are securely fastened and checked for safety.
- Must secure and maintain proper lift and/or Working At Height certifications as necessary.
- Follow all manufactures recommendations and local conditions when using personnel lifts.
- Riggers must be qualified prior to making any temporary rigging points or any points outside of a protected lift of any kind.
- Secure and review advanced rigging plan and execute through Rigging Coordinator/Lead Rigger or other leadership supervision.
- Identify possible rigging obstacles and recommend solutions to resolve issues.
- Assist other technical trades with coordination efforts to execute show plot in harmony with all floor activity.
- Provide ongoing visual inspection of all hardware in use including truss, motors, lighting, sound, projection, and personnel lifts.
- Escalate any problems with hardware and recommend solutions to resolve issues to supervisor.
Required Experience :
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 500+ hours of onsite rigging experience
- Qualified-Basic Rigging certification
- Lift Certification
- Lift operation experience
- Ground Rigging experience
- High rigging without harness experience
- Previous experience supervising a rigging team preferred
- Exceeds Customer Expectations
- Concern for Quality
- Establishing Focus
- Analytical Thinking
- Production Awareness
- Building Teamwork
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders for long periods of time. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
- Part-Time Technician - Audio Visual Palm Harbor Technician, Part-time Technician 10277586 Florida, United States
- Sales Coordinator, Hotel AV Services Sales, Hotel Sales 10276121 District of Columbia, United States
- Director, Event Technology - Westin Whistler Director, Operations Management, Operations 10276122 British Columbia, Canada
- Sales Manager, Hotel Services Sales, Hotel Sales 10276120 District of Columbia, United States
Tremendous Worldwide Growth
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one venue. From Los Angeles to London, we are the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,400 venues globally.explore locations
Our 8,200 highly trained employees might not take center stage at events, but we make sure they are rewarded for being stars. Competitive salary, a full range of benefits and a true work-life balance are all part of the package.PSAV Benefits
Hundreds of Career Paths
Whether you do your best work behind a soundboard or in front of a sales team, PSAV will help you find a career path that leads to personal and professional fulfillment.learn more
A Day In The Life