Area Mgr, Power DistributionJob ID AREAM01634 Date posted 02/23/2019 Location Orlando, Florida Position Type Full-Time
As the PSAV on-site Power Distribution Manager, this person will be handling most of, if not all, electrical
requirements for their assigned hotels as well as outside Production Companies operating at PSAV locations.
This position will be required to both supervise and schedule Technicians as needed to manage workflow.
This position is required to work closely with the PSAV Exhibit Manager, PSAV sales staff and show decorators.
This postion reports to the Regional Manager, Power Distribution.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Identify development needs and provide/support training for team. Assist with career and
performance goal setting and tracking.
• Recruit, hire and manage full time Power Distribution staff at assigned locations.
• Performance manage, lead, motivate and progressive discipline (at time) staff
• Assign projects based on factors including existing relationships, area of expertise and personality.
• Publish and maintain work schedules. Maintain a positive employee relations environment.
Training and Development
• Ensure all on-site personnel have received proper training and acquired necessary skills to safely
execute PD according to the PSAV wall out standard.
• Support all local, regional and national training efforts, including (not limited to) training at the Elgin
Electrical Equipment Handling. Optimization and Needs Planning
• Create and execute show load-in/ load-out plans for both Trade Shows and Production Companies.
• Set and strike required electrical power for General Sessions, Breakouts Computer Labs, Meal
Functions, Entertainment Events, Exhibitors, Decorators and Production Companies including building
custom cables and assisting in the fabrication of electrical components if needed.
• Troubleshoot when problems arise
• Manage power distribution inventory and be responsible for power sub rental management and
• Read, create and execute Exhibitor order forms, Electrical and Exhibitor Booth diagrams/blueprints
and determine labor and material needs for future shows.
• Demonstrate strong customer services skills as part of maintaining positive relationships with all
internal and external Clients.
• Develop strategies for influencing potential internal and external clients.
• Provide support, either personally or through delegation, in the preparation of quotes as requested.
• Interpret requirements for both equipment and labor. Assist sales team in the specification of show
labor requirements to ensure that required margins are met.
• Effectively direct PSAV employees and assist outside electricians when required to do so.
• Cross train PSAV co-workers and if needed assist with normal day-to-day audio visual set-ups/strikes.
Area Manager, Power Distribution
FLSA Status: Exempt
• Partner with the National Power Distribution team to manage and translate the communications
between our subject matter experts and our hotel sales and operations teams for project activities
within the region.
• Assist in the communications with RVPs of Operations, RVPs of Sales, and hotel management to ensure
information is delivered in a concise, professional and proactive manner.
• Provide on-site support as needed to ensure strategic projects are delivered on-time and local
expectations are carefully managed.
• 3-5 years electrical experience
• Commercial Journeyman’s license
• Education Level: Certificate
• Electrical Knowledge: Working knowledge of 110v-220v, single and three phase equipment, different
connectors, power phases, amperages, and voltages. Know the differences and/or European
conversion to American power. Knowledge of Power Generators and Transformers, as well as of
meters and tools of the trade.
• Broad familiarity with the trade show and production industries
• Customer service experience is required with both internal and external customers
• The candidate will also have at least 1 year serving in an instructional role
• Able to create and implement training programs safety procedures
• Implement ongoing maintenance and continuous education programs
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
• Familiar with Microsoft Office CADD programs such as Vector works or AutoCAD
• Ability to work long days, have flexible shifts and need to be available 24/7
• Concern for Quality and Overall safety
• Problem Solver
• Team Work
• Analytical Thinking
• Account Planning
• Big picture focus
Area Manager, Power Distribution
FLSA Status: Exempt
Physical Requirements Hours Per
Lifting Requirements Frequency
Sitting 2-3 Hours Lifting 0 - 15 lbs* Occasionally
Standing 2-3 Hours Lifting 16 – 50 lbs* Rarely
Walking 2-3 Hours Lifting 51 - 100 lbs Never
Stooping 0-1 Hours Lifting Over 100 lbs Never
Crawling 0-1 Hours
Kneeling 0-1 Hours Carrying Requirements Frequency
Bending 0-1 Hours Carrying 0 - 15 lbs* Occasionally
Reaching (above your head) 0-1 Hours Carrying 16 – 50 lbs* Rarely
Climbing 0-1 Hours Carrying 51 - 100 lbs Never
Grasping 0-1 Hours Carrying Over 100 lbs Never
Close Vision Continuously Pushing/Pulling 0 - 15 lbs* Occasionally
Distance Vision Continuously Pushing/Pulling 16 – 50
Color Vision Continuously Pushing/Pulling 51 - 100
Peripheral Vision Continuously Pushing/Pulling Over 100
Depth Perception Continuously *Identifies the physical requirements that team
Hearing Continuously members perform without assistance.
• Team members must be able to meet the physical demands above in order to successfully perform the
essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a hotel environment with limited exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand
and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members
may use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components. Working times may include irregular
hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to
appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual
venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Part Time Business Center Representative Hotel Services Portofino Bay Business Center / Customer Service / Sales Support 11095608 Florida, United States
- Manager Labour, Technology & Branch Services Warehouse, Transportation & Logistics 11086000 British Columbia, Canada
- Assoc Natl Proj Mgr, Exhibits + Specialty Events. Operations Management 10988919 Texas, United States
- Nashville Open House 4/8 - 4/10 Hotel Sales 11184873 Tennessee, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your joruney to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.