Project Manager- Event ApplicationsJob ID PROJE07329 Date posted 02/11/2020 Location New York , NY 10011 Position Type Full-Time
A Project Manager (“PM”) at Concise a PSAV family of companies manages the end-to-end production, onsite
execution and post-event wrap up of client event apps throughout the year. PMs work
closely with the Head of Project Management, Head of Operations, Development Team,
and onsite Technicians to ensure a seamless event service is provided to Concise
clients. During busy periods, namely the Spring and Fall, PMs manage up to ~6-8 client
event apps at one time, all with varying production schedules. The PM reports to the
Head of Project Management, North America (Concise).
Key Job Responsibilities
Event Project Management
● Pre-Production: Lead kick-off calls, ensure timely client communication, run status calls,
provide production schedules, manage app design + build, content population of each
app, oversee all logistical planning of each event, and ensure there is a constant app
review process with the client.
● Onsite execution: Manage a team of onsite technicians and assistant project managers
throughout each client event. The PM is the primary point of contact for the client, and
oversees the running of the event app onsite. He or she will also resolve any issues
which may arise onsite, working in a team with the rest of the onsite crew.
● Post Event: Provide each client with their event app analytics and data within 48 hours of
their show concluding, and sending the client’s Post Event Email to each attendee.
Provide clear, well-written reports on each event to management.
● Financial reconciliation of the event and debrief calls with the client.
Customer Service & Client Liaison
● Manage clients’ expectations and provide them with continuous education on the app’s
different & updated functionalities while finding the optimal way to leverage these
throughout each event.
● Build app instruction guides and documents for clients, lead app review meetings with
● Ensure Concise’s ‘white-glove service’ level is always maintained for each client and
● Work closely with the Head of Project Management, Design Team and Development
Team to design, build, and manage client apps.
● Load in and test content through the Content Management System.
● Work with Quality Assurance testing teams to address app user performance issues
● Remain up to date on current app version knowledge, report app bugs & submit new
● Discuss and manage bespoke app development work requested with the Development
● Reach out to repeat clients to confirm future and additional meetings.
● Work alongside the Sales and Finance teams to scope a project and create quotes for
repeat clients, ensure the client quotes are always kept up to date, to reflect the current
scope of the project.
● Manage the onsite budget, and flag budget concerns in a timely manner.
● Review and issue final invoices to clients, following the post-event reconciliation of each
● Book travel, accommodation, confirm dietary requirements and other logistical elements
(network requirements, iPad storage, charging, room access etc.) with clients for each
● Responsible for creating and updating an Onsite Schedule, or Call Sheet, ahead of each
event for the onsite team.
● Run internal Team Briefings ahead of each event.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred, or relevant work experience considered
● 1-3 years of Project Management and/or Event Management Experience in a clientfacing
● Previous work experience in a small tech company or with web development
technologies is a plus.
● Client relationship experience
● Budget management experience
● Must possess a strong work ethic, positive can-do attitude, and thrive in a fast-paced,
dynamic work environment.
● Must have the ability to work efficiently and effectively on multiple projects
simultaneously with varying deadlines.
● Willing and able to work nonstandard work hours, weekends and travel (up to 50%).
● Excellent interpersonal, oral, written communication, and time management skills.
● Highly organized, accurate, detail-oriented, with strong project management skills and
the ability to prioritize and multitask.
● Strong team player and ability to manage small and large teams on-site.
● Resourceful individual with the ability to work independently and to work well under
pressure to meet established deadlines.
● Ability to learn new technical terminology and processes easily.
● A calm and flexible approach to handling pressure and stress.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative Suite and other online documents,
such as Google Docs.
● The ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs on occasion to help move equipment may be required.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Part Time Audio Visual Technician Technician 15425744 Kentucky, United States
- Warehouse Technician Audio Visual (Tempe Warehouse ) Technician, Warehouse, Transportation & Logistics 15425742 Arizona, United States
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual - Whitley Atlanta Buckhead Technician, Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 15425745 Georgia, United States
- Power Distribution Technician- Boca Raton Resort Technician, Rigging, Power, Internet & Networking 15425743 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.