Event Technology Internship (Fall Semester)Job ID EVENT01690 Date posted 02/26/2019 Location Los Angeles, California Position Type Part-Time
Event Technology Internship
Since 1937, PSAV has been connecting and inspiring people around the globe with impactful meeting and event experiences. Working closely with our customers, our talented professionals deliver strategic planning, creative production, advanced technology and staging services to make dynamic and impactful meetings and events of all sizes – always with an unwavering focus on you.
As the leading supplier of audiovisual and event technology to hotels, associations, producers and meeting planners worldwide, PSAV maintains a commitment to being more than ‘just AV’. We’re an event technology company but we’re not the headliner; we work behind the scenes. As a team member in our company you will be connected with the most talented and dedicated people in the industry who are passionate about giving each client, large or small, the best show, event or meeting experience of their life.
Our global footprint in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, Mexico, Europe and the Middle East, along with our 40+ production branches, allows us to provide you with many career options.
PSAV is searching for motivated candidates interested in a career in hospitality and meeting services to join the internship program.
The successful intern will learn various aspects of set up and operation of large and small-scale audiovisual systems for live events while ensuring the utmost in client satisfaction. Our formalized Internship Program is designed to give dedicated college students the opportunity to launch their careers and excel either in the field providing outstanding technical and sales support, or as a corporate professional at one of our offices throughout the World. As an integral part of high performance teams, you are in a position where you can apply what you have learned in the classroom while gaining new skills in a dynamic professional setting.
Key Job Responsibilities
Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of basic audiovisual equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.
Strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers. Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication. Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly. Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the events' duration. Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates basic operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues. Handles equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
Understands company processes, follows procedures and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately. Uses the equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike. Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for equipment. Increases revenue by utilizing floor up-selling techniques. Works with clients to finalize invoices. Completes order entries in Navigator, as needed.
- Currently pursuing a BA/BS Degree; preference in Hospitality, Business, Media Production, Radio/TV/Film, or related field
- 0-6 months of field audio visual or customer service experience
- Technical aptitude demonstrated through interest and exposure to new technology
- Ability to work at a hotel location within the major metro market you are applying for (our hotels can cover the city to the suburbs)
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- This is a Part-Time, Paid Internship Program with a 3-6 month commitment. Ideal candidates will have the flexibility to work a minimum of 20 hours a week.
- Selected interns can be considered for future employment opportunities at the conclusion of the internship.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Director, Event Technology (SNE) Director, Operations Management 11619947 Minnesota, United States
- Technical Specialist Audio Visual (Lighting) Gaylord Texan Audio Visual Specialist 11173254 Texas, United States
- Part Time Technician - Audio Visual - Turtle Bay Rst-Kahuku Part-time Technician, Technician 11169100 Hawaii, United States
- Technical Lead - Audio Visual - Sheraton Dallas Hotel Audio Visual Specialist, Audio Visual Technician 11169097 Texas, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your joruney to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.