Hargrove- Studio ManagerJob ID HARGR06238 Date posted 12/05/2019 Location Lanham , MD Position Type Full-Time
Come join our team! Hargrove is a world-class creator of experiential environments that delivers customized solutions for clients to tell their story, expand their brand and reach their target markets with innovative experiences.
We are currently looking for a Studio Manager, Creative Services to join our experiential-minded, growing company.
The Studio Manager, Creative Services is a leader who works under the direction of the Vice President of Creative and Marketing and in collaboration with the Director of Creative Strategy. The selected individual will manage the workflow of the Creative Services Department – a team of professional environmental, event and graphic designers. The Studio Manager, Creative Services is responsible for communicating with internal clients and managing the day-to-day workflow and tasks of the department.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Gather client needs and requirements
- Recommend best practices for creative process
- Compiling road map for projects
- Workload assignments
- Coordinating and ensuring on-time completion of assigned deliverables
- Constant update of department schedules
- Project quality control and assessment
- Consolidating client needs
- Prompt time-sheet collection
- Provide coaching and mentorship
- Maintain critical internal staffing levels
- Develop and manage a team of freelance designers
- Conduct periodic and annual performance evaluations of department staff
- Develop and maintain department budgets
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong project management skills
- Must flourish in fast-paced environment; demonstrated ability to multi-task, competently handling demanding deadlines
- Resourceful; possesses innovative problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong work ethic, energy, enthusiasm and positive attitude
- Professional integrity and strong initiatives
- Leadership acuity; ability to delegate and provide direction
- Comfortable facilitating meetings
- Strong business acumen; time and organizational management practitioner
- Adaptable and flexible to client and company needs; excellent client-service and client-management skills
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study
- 5-7 years of experience in the creative discipline
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience
- Required knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies and marketing trends
- Must have prior experience in creative departments in areas that include multiple project management, ideation and development, skill sharing, and art direction
- Ability to understand, design and manage to a budget
- Able to seek out as necessary and respond productively to creative feedback from a variety of internal stakeholders
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate with Hargrove personnel, venue staff and clients as needed
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and/or 3d studio a plus
Coordinate project activities and work in a team environment with internal entities (e.g., Sales, Marketing, Graphics, Fabrication) and external entities (i.e., a full complement of vendors, suppliers and other stakeholders).
Most of the position holder’s work will take place in a climate-controlled environment. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Hargrove is a full-service provider of customized experiential environments. Using creativity, innovation and a passion for storytelling, we design, and build immerse experiences for events, exhibits, expositions and experiential marketing activations around the world. With over 70 years of industry experience, we provide solutions for some of the world’s most recognized corporations, associations and government agencies. What sets us apart is our desire to do whatever it takes to ensure our clients’ success.
Why Work at Hargrove
In addition to your salary, Hargrove offers Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, LegalShield, and 401(k). Hargrove is headquartered in Lanham, Maryland on a 77-acre site just east of the Capital Beltway and minutes from downtown Washington, DC.
At Hargrove, our customer’s success is our success. Come join our team!
Hargrove, LLC is an Equal Opportunity (M/F/D/V) and Affirmative Action Employer.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual Renaissance Boca Raton Technician, Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 14977600 Florida, United States
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa Technician, Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 14977597 Texas, United States
- Technician Audio Visual - Hyatt Regency Cambridge Technician 14977598 Massachusetts, United States
- Audio Visual Technician - Hotel Chicago Technician 14977602 Illinois, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.