Hargrove Senior Sales Executive, EventsJob ID HARGR06273 Date posted 12/07/2019 Location Lanham , MD Position Type Full-Time
- Achieve sales goals – revenues and gross margin
- Implement the sales process – prospecting/lead development, conducting client needs assessment; developing proposal and design components; conducting client presentation; determining actual costing final contract price and P & L/budget; and obtaining approval from Financial Analyst and Director of Sales
- Implement sales activities – maintain prospects and accounts through a CRM database; prospecting and responding to leads for potential business; managing and maintaining client relationships; expanding/developing sales opportunities with existing accounts to gain greater business opportunity and renew/book repeat business
- Maximize revenues for each sold event – develop revenue targets with Vice President, Events (DOS) and Director of Production Management to implement action plans to achieve revenue targets of the sold event
- Work with the Vice President, Events (DOS) and Director of Production Management to ensure accurate costing for the most optimum job pricing; develop a budget/ P & L and manage the budget during the production process to ensure financial goals are achieved
- Develop multi-show management relationships; identify key decision makers; understand/identify potential business base; establish a business relationship; develop and close business
- Participate in applicable industry events; gain speaker and committee involvement
- Work with design team to develop appropriate designs and renderings to support the sales process and production process
- Lead appropriate sales meetings either one-on-one or departmental. Be prepared to discuss status of accounts, industry/market developments, competitive review, and current job status
- Manage the integration and guideance of the account manager in the account management process once a job is at a point of closing to transfer information for proper logistical implementation
- Collaborate with Director of Operations, to ensure proper staffing and production of trade shows. Participate in appropriate pre-production, production and post-production meetings. Review work orders, supplements and order forms to ensure the event/job is being accurately produced. Participate at event/job installation
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree Business, Marketing or Communications from an accredited university or four (4) years additional sales experience.
- Five (5) to seven (7)+ years of experience in a sales or account management role preferably in the events industry.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and general office equipment.
- Strong communication skills (both orally and written).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to work in a high pressured, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to pay high attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of problem solving strategies.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
Coordinate project activities and work in a team environment with internal entities (e.g. Finance IT, Operations, Marketing, Fabrication, Graphics, Accounting, HR) and external entities (e.g. a full complement of vendors, suppliers and other stakeholders).
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual Renaissance Boca Raton Technician, Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 14977600 Florida, United States
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa Technician, Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 14977597 Texas, United States
- Technician Audio Visual - Hyatt Regency Cambridge Technician 14977598 Massachusetts, United States
- Audio Visual Technician - Hotel Chicago Technician 14977602 Illinois, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.