Hargrove Director Graphic ServicesJob ID HARGR06239 Date posted 12/05/2019 Location Lanham , MD Position Type Full-Time
Responsible for all aspects of the graphic production process including graphic design, proofing, pre-flight, printing, packaging, workflow, scheduling and quality control. The director will report to the VP Production Services, work closely with the manager of fabrication, account managers, production managers and be active in corporate planning and strategy with the executive team.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Manage a team of graphic designers & detailers, pre-flight specialists, print operators and production personnel
- Maintain detailing and production milestones and manage multiple competing priorities
- Provide exceptional quality control and staff discipline to ensure high production standards
- Provide recommendations to in house stakeholders as to products and best methods for job completion
- Manage inventory of various large format printing and finishing equipment including preventative maintenance as well as developing long term equipment strategy
- Proactively investigate new materials and printing processes and integrate them into corporate strategy and workflow as needed
- Work directly with the procurement and inventory staff for daily/weekly/monthly material needs
- Monitor all computer hardware & software requirements and updates in order to maintain design and production standards
- Manage outsource graphic vendors based on specialty needs or production demands
- Manage departmental workflow including file management, color management, RIP process, approval process, creation and delivery of production ready files
- Develop and manage the departmental operating budget
- Proactively manage and implement change to control departmental direct and indirect costs
- Ensure employee safety training is conducted and the maintenance and upkeep of the physical location; maintain a safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- 15 years’ experience in large format digital printing and signage production
- 7 - 10 years’ management experience in graphic production and design
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and quality conscious, with proven ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to work in culture/environment that is high pressured, fast-paced and offers short execution timeframes
- Excellent communication with proven leadership skills
- Excellent technical skills with work flow processes and operations management methodology
- Excellent labor management skills with proven experience in implementing budget, operations and performance efficiencies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software
- Must be willing to work evenings, holidays and weekends as necessary
- Adaptable and flexible to client needs; excellent client service and client management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams across many levels of management including the executive team
- Must be very detail-oriented, possessing exceptional organizational skills.
- Must be willing to work both independently and participate as a team player for achieving departmental and company goals.
- Must have ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment, competently handling demanding deadlines.
- Exceptional communications (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Resourcefulness—Applicant must possess innovative problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and positive attitude a must!
Coordinate project activities and work in a team environment with internal entities (e.g. Finance IT, Operations, Marketing, Fabrication, Graphics, Accounting, HR) and external entities (e.g. a full complement of vendors, suppliers and other stakeholders).
Most of the position holders’ work will take place in a climate-controlled environment. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Hargrove is a leader in brand storytelling, creating innovative environments for events, exhibits, expositions and experiential marketing activations around the world. We design and deliver immersive environments that tell stories, market brands, launch new products, ignite passion for causes and most importantly connect with the targeted audience.
Why Work at Hargrove
In addition to your salary, Hargrove offers Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, LegalShield, and 401(k). Hargrove is headquartered on a 77-acre site just east of the Capital Beltway and minutes from downtown Washington, DC. At Hargrove, our customer’s success is our success. Come join our team.
Hargrove, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity (M/F/D/V) and Affirmative Action employer.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual Renaissance Boca Raton Technician, Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 14977600 Florida, United States
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa Technician, Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 14977597 Texas, United States
- Technician Audio Visual - Hyatt Regency Cambridge Technician 14977598 Massachusetts, United States
- Audio Visual Technician - Hotel Chicago Technician 14977602 Illinois, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.