Hargrove Creative DirectorJob ID CREAT05969 Date posted 11/21/2019 Location Lanham , MD Position Type Full-Time
The focus of the Creative Director role will be to create branded environments including events, trade shows, permanent installations, exhibits, and experiential marketing activations.
The candidate needs to be self-directed, flexible team player, with great interpersonal skills, quick learner, efficient and to feel comfortable working under pressure. Hargrove Creative Department is a highly collaborative group that works closely with multi-disciplinary team members, account teams, estimators, and detailers. Creative Directors work under the direction of the Director of Creative Services and will thrive working alongside likeminded team members also under the direction of the Director of Creative Services.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Design creative brand experiences across multiple environments including trade-shows, exhibits, events, experiential marketing and both temporary and permanent installations.
- Create high quality presentations, visualizations and renderings, sharing 3D design files with partners, graphic design and project management departments.
- Strategically and professionally present complex ideas and designs to partners and clients during design meetings via face-to-face, phone, and email
- Knowledge of latest production methodology and basic engineering to produce stylish, functional solutions while also reducing the time to market.
- Demonstrate a solid design sense through each project.
- Take design direction from the partners, clients and sales representatives.
- Operate effectively as part of a larger team under time constraints and be able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in one of the following: architecture, environmental design, retail design, interior design, industrial design, exhibit design or experiential design.
- Have a proven record of creative execution with 10+ years of experience. Experience is as important as creativity, intelligence and the right attitude.
- Strong graphic design skills.
- Experience working across multiple disciplines.
- Online portfolio.
- Mastery of 3D Studio Max and Adobe Creative Suite.
- AutoCAD is a plus.
- Have diligent follow-through on every task assigned.
- Exceptional people skills.
- Can handle the pressure and work on tight timelines.
- Can clearly articulate and communicate your ideas and the ideas of others.
- Be a self-starter
Successful candidates will possess:
- Creativity: Ability to immerse oneself in our clients’ brand, culture, products, and marketing objectives is indispensable.
- Strategy: The ability to think strategically and aid in research, strategy, and experience mapping.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills are necessary to develop and present creative concepts.
- Design Visualization: Applicants must have the necessary skills to present creative solutions.
- Leadership: Outstanding leadership abilities are crucial in order to motivate and collaborate with diverse teams.
- Preferred: Concept sketching, environmental branding, creative writing, floor plan/space development, presentation layouts and basic construction drawings.
- Knowledge: A working knowledge of technologies, materials, building techniques and event production methods is key.
Coordinate project activities and work in a team environment with internal entities (e.g. Finance IT, Operations, Marketing, Fabrication, Graphics, Accounting, HR) and external entities (e.g. a full complement of vendors, suppliers and other stakeholders).
Most of the position holders’ work will take place in a climate controlled environment. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Hargrove is a full-service provider of customized experiential environments. Using creativity, innovation and a passion for storytelling, we design, and build immerse experiences for events, exhibits, expositions and experiential marketing activations around the world. With over 70 years of industry experience, we provide solutions for some of the world’s most recognized corporations, associations and government agencies. What sets us apart is our desire to do whatever it takes to ensure our clients’ success.
Why Work at Hargrove
In addition to your salary, Hargrove offers Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, LegalShield, and 401(k). Hargrove is headquartered on a 77-acre site just east of the Capital Beltway and minutes from downtown Washington, DC. At Hargrove, our customer’s success is our success. Come join our team.
Hargrove, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity (M/F/D/V) and Affirmative Action employer.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual Renaissance Boca Raton Technician, Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 14977600 Florida, United States
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa Technician, Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 14977597 Texas, United States
- Technician Audio Visual - Hyatt Regency Cambridge Technician 14977598 Massachusetts, United States
- Audio Visual Technician - Hotel Chicago Technician 14977602 Illinois, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.