Account Producer- Live EventsJob ID ACCOU05072 Date posted 10/03/2019 Location Lanham, Maryland Position Type Full-Time
This position is responsible for managing event opportunities attached to a specific Customers events. This position facilitates the “event experience” to our customers in the form of technical project consultation and sourcing, pre-production services, and logistical planning. This person will represent PSAV to prepare and or manage assignment of quotes, diagrams, communicate technical specifications and recommendations, implement order fulfillment processes, assure customer experience, and generally manage the overall success of an assigned event. This person will collaborate with clients & PSAV teams to respond to RFPs and participate in the presentation of ideas and direction to internal and external customers. This position reports to the Director of Operations. This role is based out of our Lanham MD office.
Key Job Responsibilities
Account Management & Consultation
- Assist in coordinating assignment of PSAV Sales Teams to quote events and provide oversight and management.
- Regularly communicate with Director of business unit on status of all events and quotes and conduct periodic financial reviews.
- Review show reports and participate in post-show review calls to identify challenges, find solutions, and determine improved outcome opportunities.
- Accountable to improve overall efficiency of operations and business strategy to consistently improve product and generate enhanced revenue and profit.
- Communicate information from the client to the PSAV local service provider, including: technical consultation, quotes, site inspections, change notices, budget updates, customer feedback forms, venue communications and technical changes for future and in-progress events.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures for a specific customer or event type. Ensure that the creative production process is operating efficiently and correctly.
- Conduct and participate in virtual and in-person pitches to Customers
Development and Proposal Creation
- Work with Customer and Production Sales, Global Sales, Branch Operations, Creative & Digital and Hotel Services to establish PSAV service opportunities.
- Effectively communicate with the client to maintain a relationship that promotes a peace of mind experience.
- Ensure event success through management of customer need, timely problem solving, responsive communications, accurate information and monitoring of events in progress.
- Collaborate with customer in brainstorming and proposal creation for the purpose of driving PSAV business with clients.
- Accurately communicate client needs to the appropriate PSAV local service providers. Identify any challenges during these communications and resolve them quickly by utilizing company resources if needed.
- Communicate customer trends, successes, challenges and other information to senior management.
- Proactively up sell capabilities and provide revenue generating solutions to clients. Analyze profit models and work with field operation managers to align pricing to maximize transactional profitability.
- Reconcile job costs and assist with invoice.
- Assemble all paperwork in a job folder and submit for review with PSAV Account Owner.
Creative & Production Support
- Provide creative guidance and production support to Sales in proposal stage and other project managers based on area of expertise.
- Identify when opportunities would qualify for a full TST brainstorm session and/or custom scenic & media and collaborate with the Creative Development & Media Teams.
- Pass on potential leads to PSAV’s Global Sales Organization and also determine when events should be executed by Premier Global Events.
- Act as a Stage Manager and call the show when necessary.
- Minimum 5+ years of Audio Visual/Technical sales and/or Sales Management industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree desirable
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Ability to create technically and/or logistically complex proposals
- Ability to create and execute a strategic customized account plan
- Experience in networking targeted customers at industry events
- Experience working within a team environment to over-deliver on desired results
- Experience with high-level (Director or above) contract negotiations and the ability to successfully navigate complex organizations
- Excellent computer skills including all Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with the use of customer relationship database
- Experience with creating and executing presentations using PowerPoint and/or other forms of media
- Strong written and oral communication skills needed to draft sales presentations, and effectively solicit business via phone and face to face customer contact, as well as through tradeshow and industry events
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- In depth understanding of the meetings and event technology industries
- Desire and ability to travel within the United States or abroad
Exceeds Customer Expectations
Concern for Quality
Expeditious and Punctual
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Director, Event Technology II Operations Management 14086734 New York, United States
- Part-Time Technician Audio Visual Westin Harbour Castle Part-time Technician, Technician 14086733 Ontario, Canada
- Gréeur à temps partiel Rigging, Power, Internet & Networking 14029601 Quebec, Canada
- Part Time Technician Audio Visual - Marriott Melville Long Island Part-time Technician, Technician 14009324 New York, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.