Dir, Warehouse Ops - New OrleansJob ID DIRWA02301 Date posted 03/29/2019 Location Kenner, Louisiana Position Type Full-Time
Key Job Responsibilities
- Directly manage all day to day operations within the facility.
- Increase operational effectiveness by managing direct reports and communicating values, strategies, and objectives aligned with organizational goals.
- Evaluate the team’s efficiency and productivity.
- Work with direct reports to improve overall service while driving efficiencies through process improvement and best practices including, but not limited to, order processing, QC & repair, warehouse processes, and overall logistics.
- Establish clear management expectations regarding responsibilities, behaviors, and daily activities.
- Provide training and development opportunities for team members and ensure a safe work environment consistent with company values.
Asset & Fleet Management
- Implement strategies developed by Regional Equipment Managers that improve product utilization and increase capacity.
- Assemble and execute strategies to lower inventory costs through faster turns and maximize fill rates with company-owned assets.
- Work closely with the Asset Management team to validate capital requirements with an aim towards minimizing external costs and maximizing utilization and high-yield investments.
- Implement and maintain quality control and repair standards to maximize owned inventory uptime.
- Stand responsible and accountable for high-accuracy physical inventory results.
- Implement and maintain a strategic fleet management plan in partnership with the National Transportation Manager.
- Monitor daily routing to prioritize on-time delivery/pickup.
- Directly manage and oversee day to day operational costs in assigned coverage areas.
- Analyze financial data to ensure assigned locations are running efficiently and within budget parameters.
- Identify variances between actual and budgeted spend and adjust priorities to meet financial goals and expectations.
- Develop guidelines and procedures for direct reports that support overall financial objectives.
Customer Service & Reporting
- Generate regular reporting on performance KPIs, customer service metrics, and pertinent updates for review by the Warehouse Operations leadership teams.
- Gather feedback from field operations through regular surveys to measure service opportunities, product mix, and availability, transportation performance, and customer service.
- Host frequent calls and in-person meetings with regional leadership teams to discuss ongoing challenges and incorporate recommendations into existing processes to improve overall customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent warehouse management experience preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in warehouse or supply chain management.
· MINIMUM 3 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH BUDGETS AND DIRECT P&L RESPONSIBILITY.
· WILLINGNESS TO TRAVEL UP TO 15%.
· STRONG ANALYTICAL AND PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet or exceed multiple concurrent deadlines.
- Analytical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Relationship Management
- Financial Acumen
Hours Per Day
Lifting 0 - 15 lbs*
Lifting 16 – 50 lbs*
Lifting 51 - 100 lbs
Lifting Over 100 lbs
Carrying 0 - 15 lbs*
Reaching (above your head)
Carrying 16 – 50 lbs*
Carrying 51 - 100 lbs
Carrying Over 100 lbs
Pushing/Pulling 0 - 15 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 16 – 50 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 51 - 100 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling Over 100 lbs
*Identifies the physical requirements that team members perform without assistance.
Team members must be able to meet the physical demands above in order to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed at event venues as well as in a warehouse environment. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based in a warehouse environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.When in the Warehouse, work will be completed in an environment with exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members may use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Part-Time Technician Audio Visual Westin Airport Toronto Part-time Technician, Technician 11997105 Ontario, Canada
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual - The Liberty Hotel Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 11986944 Massachusetts, United States
- Part-Time Technician (AV) - Hilton Portland Downtown Part-time Technician, Technician 11986945 Oregon, United States
- Part-Time Rigger- Audio Visual- Los Angeles County Rigging, Rigging, Power, Internet & Networking 11983998 California, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your joruney to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.