Sr. Warehouse Technician - OahuHonolulu, Hawaii Job ID: SENIO06371
Our Technicians enjoy the opportunities to work with innovative and cutting-edge technology on a daily basis. From setting equipment as elaborate as an LED wall to simply ensuring cable is properly run through the venue, our Technicians are the foundation of the events we build and bring to life. They ensure that each event is flawlessly executed, and work with the rest of the team to setup and strike down each event in a timely manner. At PSAV, customer satisfaction is our highest priority, our Technicians play an integral part in establishing a positive relationship with each of our clients.
- Full Time
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating 3 stars
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you achieve success in this role:
- Customer Focus
- Desire to Learn
- Drive Results
- Technicial Aptitude
Other Important Traits
- Team Player,
- Safety Conscious,
The ability to put on the big shows that my hotel plans out or to teach the incoming technicians how to make these shows happen is why I really like the hustle and bustle of my day-to-day as a Technical Lead.
A Day in the Life of a TechnicianClick to play video
Big Set Time LapseClick to play video
PSAV Named to America’s Best Employers List by ForbesClick to learn more
Purpose, Mission and Core Values
How we will positively impact the world
Connecting and inspiring people
What we do every day
Invaluable partner on our customer's journey
The way we work
Deliver world-class service. See the big picture. Value people. Drive results. Do the right thing.
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Health Savings & Health Reimbursement Accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Assistance Program
Retirement Planning Options (401k)
Career Wear Reimbursement
Part Time Regular Benefit Offerings
Variety of Volunteer Benefits
Premium Recognition Program (CenterStage)
Performance Incentive Plans (GEI Bonus)
Employee Referral Program
Annual Merit Evaluations
Training & Development
Classroom/On the Job Training
Global Transfer Opportunities
The Sr. Warehouse Technician (WO) is responsible for facilitating & leading all equipment handling & logistics within the warehouse to include storing, picking, staging, & loading / unloading trucks. This position will support equipment transportation, scanning, tracking, and other warehouse functions and be responsible for performing & overseeing basic equipment quality control (QC) processes and annual physical inventory. The Sr Warehouse Technician will provide direct supervision of warehouse personnel, including scheduling and will report to the Supervisor, Manager or Director of Warehouse Operations.
Key Job Responsibilities
Inbound/Outbound Order Processing:
- Pick, scan, and stage outgoing equipment for transport.
- Sort, scan, and perform QC on incoming equipment.
- Perform and support all Quality Control processes and procedures.
- Re-shelf equipment after gear is sorted and QC process completed.
- Utilize Navigator software to manage pick lists and track equipment orders.
- Perform annual physical inventory of equipment.
- Load and unload equipment from vans, trucks, and tractor-trailers.
- Assist with equipment deliveries or on show site as directed.
Logistics and Transportation:
- Prepare and process shipments to ship small parcel, LTL and via internal fleet
- Ability to operate industrial powered forklifts including (i.e. Sit-down, reach, stock picker and powered pallet jack)
- Perform daily checklists on forklifts and other equipment within the warehouse
- Participate in safety team initiatives
- Clean and maintain a safe work area
- Maintain equipment as necessary
Customer Service & Staff Supervision:
- Ensure the highest standards of service while maintaining operation efficiency and a cohesive relationship with other departments
- Maintain a working knowledge of equipment
- Supervise warehouse, including scheduling shifts, providing work assignments, direction and oversight of all asset management and quality control processes
- Understands company processes and all systems used to manage warehouse functions, follows procedures and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately.
- Interact with other staff, internal customers, and outside vendors. Manage Navigator pick-lists & order entry as necessary.
- High School diploma/GED
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in warehouse environment
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs. independently
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Strong communication skills with other team members, site leadership team and internal and external customers
- Organizational skills with an attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task while working in a fast paced environment
- Basic computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office
- Experience using an RF based WMS system (preferred)
- Experience operating industrial forklift equipment
- Communicates Effectively
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
- See the big picture
- Drive Results
- Do the right thing
- Value People
Work is performed at event venues as well as in a warehouse environment. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based in a warehouse environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area. When in the Warehouse, work will be completed in an environment with exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members may use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.