Journeyman Electrician Power Services Hotel - Diplomat Hotel HollywoodJob ID ELECT05446 Date posted 10/22/2019 Location Hollywood , FL 33019 Position Type Full-Time
** Must have a valid journeyman's state or local electrician's license, out of state okay but have to be willing to test and convert to FL license**
The on-site Electrician is responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing wiring, electrical equipment and fixtures. Maintains and repairs electrical items on-site. Performs hands on duties for internal and external clients via verbal and written requests. Works closely with operations, sales, exhibit managers, and decorators. This position reports to Supervisor, Power Distribution.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Ensure compliance with local and national electrical code
• Apply working knowledge of 120v, 240v, 208v & 480v single and three phase equipment, different connectors, power phases, amperages, and voltages.
• Understands European conversion to American power.
• Working knowledge of power generators and transformers, as well as meters and tools of the trade
Planning and Operations
• Review, create and execute exhibitor order forms, electrical and exhibitorbooth diagrams/blueprints and the ability to determine labor and material needs for events.
• Create and execute show load-in/ load-out plans for both trade shows and production companies.
• Set and strike required electrical power for general sessions, breakouts computer labs, dining functions, entertainment events, exhibitors, decorators and production companies.
• Build custom cables and assist in the fabrication of electrical components if needed.
• Understand the technical aspects and SOP’s of power distribution and demonstrate basic operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues.
• Handle equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner
. • Understand and practice OSHA, NFPA 70E and NEC power distribution safety and compliance.
• Understand company processes, follows procedures and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately. • Utilize equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike. • Interact with other staff and outside vendors for equipment.
• Increase revenue by utilizing floor up-selling techniques. • Completes Navigator order entries and work with clients to finalize invoices, as needed.
• Provides excellent service and strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers. • Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
• Meet with clients on site to ensure their needs are met and the electrical setup is working properly. • Cross train and/or direct PSAV co-workers and outstide electricians when needed. • Assist with normal day to day audio visual set-ups/strikes, as needed.
• High school diploma or GED is required.
• 3-4 years of experience as an Electrician
• Valid state or local Electrical license.
• A valid driver’s license is required for team members in positions that may operate Company Vehicle.
Competencies (by Core Values)
• Manages Complexity
• Tech Savvy
• Communicates Effectively
• Action Oriented
• Plans and Aligns
• Safety Conscious
:members must be able to meet the physical demands above in order to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequency options consist of: Continuously, Frequently, Occasionally and Never.
Physical Requirements Hours Per Day Lifting Requirements Frequency
Sitting 2-3 Hours Lifting 0 - 15 lbs* Continuously
Standing 4-5 Hours Lifting 16 – 50 lbs* Frequently
Walking 4-5 Hours Lifting 51 - 100 lbs Occasionally
Stooping 2-3 Hours Lifting Over 100 lbs Never Crawling 2-3 Hours Kneeling 2-3 Hours
Carrying Requirements Frequency
Bending 2-3 Hours
Carrying 0 - 15 lbs* Continuously
Reaching (above your head) 2-3 Hours
Carrying 16 – 50 lbs* Frequently
Climbing 0-1 Hours
Carrying 51 - 100 lbs
Occasionally Grasping 4-5 Hours
Carrying Over 100 lbs Never
Auditory/Visual Requirements Frequency Pushing/Pulling Requirements Frequency
Close Vision Continuously Pushing/Pulling 0 - 15 lbs* Continuously
Distance Vision Continuously Pushing/Pulling 16 – 50 lbs* Frequently
Color Vision Continuously Pushing/Pulling 51 - 100 lbs* Occasionally
Peripheral Vision Continuously Pushing/Pulling Over 100 lbs Never
Depth Perception Continuously
*Identifies the physical requirements that team members perform without assistance. Hearing Continuously
Hotel Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual Renaissance Boca Raton Technician, Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 14977600 Florida, United States
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa Technician, Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 14977597 Texas, United States
- Technician Audio Visual - Hyatt Regency Cambridge Technician 14977598 Massachusetts, United States
- Audio Visual Technician - Hotel Chicago Technician 14977602 Illinois, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.