Operations Director, Hotel ServicesJob ID OPERA04295 Date posted 09/06/2019 Location Grapevine, Texas Position Type Full-Time
Key Job Responsibilities
Directs the operations team on daily equipment setups and strikes. Ensures appropriate business levels will be accommodated by scheduled staff members and delegates tasks appropriately. Mentors and supervises operational staff to provide outstanding customer service, ensuring that room sets are completed according to the company’s standards. Establishes excellent working relationships with hotel/resort staff and executives, team members, neighboring locations and all vendors. Utilizes the billing system to coordinate invoicing activities and ensures accuracy.
Ensures that inventory control procedures are followed to maintain proper inventory levels while also maintaining safety, security, and quality assurance of all gear. Manages the on-site equipment inventory and sources internal gear from other locations before sub-renting externally. Ensures that all equipment and services are delivered on time, in good working condition and as specified by clients and the hotel. Keeps the inventory in good working condition and acts quickly to have gear repaired as necessary. Researches and remains current on new technology and equipment to purchase.
Maintains a positive employee relations environment for all Audio Visual and Business Center (if applicable) team members. Manages staff to support the growth of the business and accomplish the organizational goals. Provides focused and continued coaching to develop the skills of team members. Manages human resources activity including selection, performance management, and training and development. Portrays a polished, professional image according to the guidelines in the Employee Guide and/or hotel standards and ensures the team adheres to the same standards.
Training and Development
Ensures employees are properly trained in all areas. Supports property-wide training programs including but not limited to OSHA, Safety, Educational and Employee Enhancement programs. Provides mentoring and coaching to assure the continual development of team members. Trains technical staff and models appropriate use of all technical equipment. Recommends team members for additional training opportunities as needed.
· High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
· 3+ years of audio visual experience
· 1+ years of supervisory experience
· Working knowledge of audio visual equipment in a live show environment
· Experience handling pre-planning and operations of large audio visual events
· Proficiency with the use of computer hardware
· Proficiency with computer software and programs, including the Internet and Microsoft Office
· Effective leadership abilities and customer satisfaction focus.
· A valid driver’s license is required for team members in positions that operate Company vehicles.
· Exceeding Customer Expectations
· People Development
· Concern for Quality
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Part Time Technician Audio Visual - Sheraton Needham Part-time Technician, Technician 13427217 Massachusetts, United States
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual- JW Marriott Marco Island Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 13427218 Florida, United States
- Technical Lead Audio Visual Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel Orlando Audio Visual Specialist, Audio Visual Technician 13427219 Florida, United States
- Technical Lead Audio Visual - Hilton Anaheim Audio Visual Specialist, Audio Visual Technician 13427220 California, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.