Power Distribution Technician - Hilton AnatoleApply Later Apply Job ID 207033 Date posted 01/07/2019
The Power Distribution Technician is responsible for electrical set and strikes for PSAV and outside production companies. This position works closely with the PSAV Exhibit Coordinators, Supervisors, PSAV Sales staff and Banquet Managers. The PD Technician assists with Audio Visual duties as assigned and when power distribution activities have been completed. This position reports to the Power Distribution Supervisor.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Review, create and execute Exhibitor Order Forms, electrical and exhibitor booth diagrams/blueprints, and the ability to determine labor and material needs for events.
- Create and execute show load-in/ load-out plans for both Trade Shows and Production Companies.
- Timely and accurate setup, operation, and breakdown of required electrical power for general sessions, breakouts, computer labs, meal functions, entertainment events, exhibitors, decorators, and production companies.
- Build custom cables and assist in the fabrication of electrical components, as needed.
- Troubleshoot and solve power issues when they occur.
- Assist in the cross training of AV Technicians in the areas of power distribution.
- Provide excellent service and strive to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Meet with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the electrical setup is working properly.
- Monitor events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
- Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship and assists outside electricians when required.
Systems & Electrical Knowledge
- Gains understanding of company processes, follows procedures, and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately.
- Maintains a working knowledge of 110v-220v, single and three phase equipment, different connectors, power phases, amperages, and voltages.
- Understands the differences and/or European conversion to American power.
- Understands Power Generators, Transformers, and the meters and tools of the trade.
Required Experience :
- High School Diploma is required.
- 2+ years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- 2+ years of audio-visual experience is preferred.
- 1+ years of working with Power Distribution Equipment.
- A valid driver’s license is required for team members in positions that may operate Company Vehicle.
Competencies (by Core Values)
- Tech Savvy
- Communicates Effectively
- Action Oriented
- Drives Quality Results
- Instills Trust
- Safety Conscious
Team members must be able to meet the physical demands above in order to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency options consist of: Continuously, Frequently, Occasionally and Never.
Hours Per Day
2 -3 Hours
Lifting 0 - 15 lbs*
Lifting 16 – 50 lbs*
Lifting 51 - 100 lbs
Lifting Over 100 lbs
Carrying 0 - 15 lbs*
Reaching (above your head)
Carrying 16 – 50 lbs*
Carrying 51 - 100 lbs
Carrying Over 100 lbs
Pushing/Pulling 0 - 15 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 16 – 50 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 51 - 100 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling Over 100 lbs
*Identifies the physical requirements that team members perform without assistance.
Choose from one of the following (delete ones not used). Add additional information, as needed.
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
The above information on this description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Technician Audio Visual Fairmont Copley Plaza Technician, Ops - Technical Services 10647145 Massachusetts, United States
- Technician Audio Visual The Colonnade Boston Technician, Ops - Technical Services 10647146 Massachusetts, United States
- Senior Audio Visual Warehouse Technician Technician, Warehouse, Transportation & Logistics 10643641 Pennsylvania, United States
- Director, Event Technology II Director, Operations, Operations Management 10643643 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your joruney to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.