Part-Time Technical Specialist Audio Visual - DallasCoppell, Texas Job ID: PARTT04923
Our Technicians enjoy the opportunities to work with innovative and cutting-edge technology on a daily basis. From setting equipment as elaborate as an LED wall to simply ensuring cable is properly run through the venue, our Technicians are the foundation of the events we build and bring to life. They ensure that each event is flawlessly executed, and work with the rest of the team to setup and strike down each event in a timely manner. At PSAV, customer satisfaction is our highest priority, our Technicians play an integral part in establishing a positive relationship with each of our clients.
- Full Time
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating 3 stars
Here are some of the top qualities that will help you achieve success in this role:
- Customer Focus
- Desire to Learn
- Drive Results
- Technicial Aptitude
Other Important Traits
- Team Player,
- Safety Conscious,
The ability to put on the big shows that my hotel plans out or to teach the incoming technicians how to make these shows happen is why I really like the hustle and bustle of my day-to-day as a Technical Lead.
A Day in the Life of a TechnicianClick to play video
Big Set Time LapseClick to play video
PSAV Named to America’s Best Employers List by ForbesClick to learn more
Purpose, Mission and Core Values
How we will positively impact the world
Connecting and inspiring people
What we do every day
Invaluable partner on our customer's journey
The way we work
Deliver world-class service. See the big picture. Value people. Drive results. Do the right thing.
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Health Savings & Health Reimbursement Accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Assistance Program
Retirement Planning Options (401k)
Career Wear Reimbursement
Part Time Regular Benefit Offerings
Variety of Volunteer Benefits
Premium Recognition Program (CenterStage)
Performance Incentive Plans (GEI Bonus)
Employee Referral Program
Annual Merit Evaluations
Training & Development
Classroom/On the Job Training
Global Transfer Opportunities
The Technical Specialist is responsible for the set up and operation of small to large-scale audiovisual systems for live events while ensuring the utmost in client satisfaction. Team Members in this role have at least one Level 1 Specialty. This position reports to a Project Manager, Operations Manager, Operations Director, or Director, Event Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of advanced audiovisual equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.
- Troubleshoots technical issues and resolve problems quickly as they arise.
- Complies with all Company security and safety measures.
- Ensures equipment is secure from theft and/or damage when in use.
- Provides excellent service and strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Collaborates with internal team on event solutions pre event and during event to ensure the best possible customer satisfaction.
- Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
- Creates an atmosphere that fosters the development of technical and leadership skills in other employees.
- Provides mentorship and coaching to technical, sales and operations team members to develop technical skills as needed.
- Performs advanced work (pre/during/post event) with operations team members.
- Supervises and directs other technicians during an event.
- Assists team with proper security, storage, transportation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Performs inventory and forecasting of equipment needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Achieve Technical Level 3 Certification per PSAV Technical Skillset Matrix
- Achieve three, Technical Level 2 Certifications (2 must be A,V,L or P and 1 from the remaining 6). See Skill Set Addendum (@PSAV/HR/Global Learning).
- Achieve one, Technical Level 1 Certification. See Level 1 requirements in Skill Set Addendum.
- 3-5 years of field experience in specialty area is required.
- 3-5 years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with a diverse work force, customer base and senior level management.
- Experience with project management of multiple tasks/initiatives.
- Strong customer, client and coworker interface experience and abilities.
- A valid driver’s license is required for team members in positions that may operate Company vehicles. Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if applicable.
- Safety Conscious
- Develops Talent
- Tech Savvy
- Manages Complexity
- Ensures Accountability
- Instills Trust
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.