Manager, Human ResourcesJob ID MANAG06021 Date posted 11/25/2019 Location Coppell , TX 75019 Position Type Full-Time
The Human Resources Manager guides and manages Human Resources services, policies, and programs for Venue and Branch Services, Specialty Services and Premier Global Events in areas including: performance management, career and succession planning, recognition, retention, employee relations, policy interpretation and deployment, compensation, compliance, and safety. Leads the implementation of people-related initiatives that provide an employee-oriented and high-performance culture that contributes to the organization-wide business plan and objectives. Supervises the Human Resources Generalist. This position reports into a Sr. Human Resources Manager or VP, Human Resources.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Partner with leaders to manage employee performance to policies, procedures and programs.
- Oversees integrated talent management and succession planning processes to ensure talent is properly identified and assessed.
- Coaches managers on how to write and deliver effective performance reviews.
- Evaluates talent potential to determine strengths and developmental gaps.
- Educates managers on legal practices, acceptable workplace behaviors and appropriate counseling methods.
- Participates in high level disciplinary action and terminations decisions.
- Partners with labor relations counsel.
- Participates and represents the organization during investigations.
- Attends unemployment hearings.
Engagement and Retention
- Analyzes Engagement Survey results and advises leaders on creation of action plans.
- Partners with leaders to ensure action planning goals are met and additional plans are created to encourage continuous improvement.
- Identifies employees to participate in career pathing to enhance readiness for job opportunities.
- Encourages recognition through CenterStage and acts as a resource for managers and employees.
- Utilizes injury report to recommend safety awareness and solutions.
- Promotes company benefits and initiatives through multiple communication venues including in person meetings, conference calls, webinars, emails and onsite venue visits.
- Effectively leads change management for company initiatives.
- Conducts employee focus groups to discuss successes and identifies areas of improvement.
- Analyzes separation reasons to understand trends and solve for actionable issues and decrease turnover.
- Conducts monthly meeting with Operations Leaders on employee metrics to ensure year over year data points are aligned with regional goals.
Training and Development
- Promotes a high-performance culture that encourages ongoing self-development.
- Advises employees on career pathing opportunities that meet the needs and goals of both the organization and the employee.
- Ensures National College Leadership Program participants are flowing through the defined curriculum and addresses any issues to increase retention.
- Facilitates and monitors employee and manager through the Role-Based Development Programs.
- Partners with Operations to identify training needs based on business needs
- Partnering with COEs to identify solutions and interventions to address business needs .
- Facilitates training courses, as needed.
- Reviews workers’ compensation injuries and partners with leaders and the Safety department to solve for issues.
Recruitment and Selection
- Educates leaders on venue staffing guidelines.
- Reviews job additions and replacements for adherence to venue staffing guidelines.
- Leads annual regional review of venue staffing and ensures staffing adjustments are made, if needed.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition to identify promotable and high potential employees for internal mobility.
- Interviews candidates for leadership positions to assess fit into culture and role.
- Supports organizational change that includes job competency evaluation, change management, communication and project plans. Partners with Talent Acquisition on salary recommendations based on PSAV salary structure.
- Provides consultation on immigration process.
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years experience in Human Resources in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development
- General knowledge of various employment laws, regulations and practices
- Strong base of HR technical knowledge
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Ability to work with autonomy in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- An excellent listener and communicator with an approachable style.
- Ability to analyze situations when making decisions
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certifications a plus.
- Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice
- Global and Cultural Awareness
- Business Acumen
- Critical Evaluation
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Part-Time Technician Audio Visual (Chandler Sheraton @ Wild Horse Pass) Part-time Technician, Technician 15396863 Arizona, United States
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual - Rosen Centre Hotel Orlando Technician, Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 15396867 Florida, United States
- Technician Audio Visual -KPMG Lakehouse- Lake Nona Technician 15396864 Florida, United States
- Part-Time Rigger - Austin Rigging, Power, Internet & Networking 15396865 Texas, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.