Associate Creative Director- Motion Design and Post ProductionJob ID ASSOC07448 Date posted 02/14/2020 Location Coppell , TX 75019 Position Type Full-Time
The Associate Creative Director, Motion Design and Post Production is responsible for leading and inspiring a team of Creative Content artists. Overseeing multiple projects through ideation to execution, and developing creative strategies to address a client’s business priorities. Direct and oversee activities of motion designers, editors, and CG artists during the pre-production, onsite production and post-production phases. Attend pre-production planning phases to qualify artistic needs and provide direction until artists are assigned. As an Associate Creative Director you will be responsible for managing a team dedicated to a specific segment, assigning resources, upholding creative standards, and ensuring successful creative output. This position will report to the Director of the Creative Content department.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Concept and develop creative ideas and strategies designed to solve problems for clients and add value to their events.
- Review and approve designs, graphics (still and motion), editing, and photography images, developed by the design team. Speak with client to determine how best to represent a concept visually and remain involved in projects at a high level to ensure consistency of the content.
- Developing creative briefs to convey the direction for a client and as a collaboration tool for artists to work from and develop astounding content in all stages of the production, pre to post.
- Work hand in hand with the Content Producers to find the best way to execute projects in time and budget with a special focus on quality.
- Act as an interpreter for client needs – strategizing appropriate delivery methods that convey the client’s message.
- Participate in creative presentations to internal and external stakeholders, effectively representing concepts and solutions to influence sell-through to clients.
- Partner with the Director of Creative Content and Senior Producers in concepting, developing, and executing all creative output.
- Uphold the highest creative standards, always striving to ensure the highest quality.
- Coordinate with all appropriate SME’s (subject matter experts) within creative team to acquire appropriate resources for specific needs which may include event producers, graphic designers, and video and digital media producers.
- Strengthen relationship between internal and external clients, and other stakeholders.
- Help Creative Director identify key stakeholders and influencers and develop support strategies for all business development activities.
- Support and assist PSAV internal clients to respond to new opportunities, increase win rate and help set appropriate customer expectations to ensure a high level of quality and service is being met for all opportunities.
- Demonstrate integrity and navigate through political dynamics with insight and patience.
- Work with the Director of Creative Content to provide leadership and guidance in revenue growth, cost management, and other financial areas.
- Assist in the development of programs and cost control strategies that improve efficiency and effectiveness through shared labor and resources between Company divisions and departments.
- Identify, evaluate and develop creative solutions to key client problems in the product line which demonstrates PSAV capabilities to client.
- Identify and resolve chain-wide customer needs and maintain client brand standards while maintaining PSAV’s brand consistency.
- Lead and develop a small team of creatives: setting clear goals, allocating resources and assignments as appropriate, ensuring deadlines are met and team members are set up for success.
- Guide the team to develop best practices for ensuring a high bar of quality.
- Lead and mentor team, facilitating individual and team development and performance management.
- Recruit new creatives and actively participate in the hiring process.
- Provide regular feedback and address team member concerns as appropriate. Escalate challenges to the Director of Creative Content as needed.
- Foster and maintain a positive work environment.
- Implement and champion Company training and development initiatives as appropriate.
- Ability to manage virtually with artists based nation-wide.
Financial Management and Reporting
- Track revenue and expenses directly related to the artists activities.
- Provide monthly reports and analysis of the team’s financial performance.
- Provide recommendations for improvement and enact necessary changes to maximize the financial impact.
- BA/BS degree in design, copywriting or related field
- 5-10 years of progressive production and creative experience, preferably in a creative agency or production company.
- Solid knowledge of creative and strategic disciplines
- Proven track record of developing and managing strong customer relationships
- Strong story telling skills; effective written and oral communication skills
- Experience managing multiple projects through ideation to execution
- Advanced computer skills on both PC and Mac platforms; to include MS Office products and familiarity with video, graphics, and audio production tools, including but not limited to: Adobe Creative Cloud products with an emphasis in Premiere and After Effects, 3ds Max, Cinema 4D
- Ability to work in multiple formats: Web, Video, Custom ratios (i.e. 5:1), Mobile apps
- Must understand marketing initiatives, strategic positioning and target audience
- Experience with the use of a project management system for tracking artists hours and generating reports
- Experience with making effective presentations using PowerPoint and/or other forms of media
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of digital deliverable formats
- ·Knowledge of industry production practices and financial management to allow for accurate budgeting and execution
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
Competencies (by Core Values)
- Attention to Communication
- Confident when selling creative work
- Exceeds Customer Expectations
- Building Organizational Commitment
- People Development
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Part Time Audio Visual Technician Technician 15425744 Kentucky, United States
- Warehouse Technician Audio Visual (Tempe Warehouse ) Technician, Warehouse, Transportation & Logistics 15425742 Arizona, United States
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual - Whitley Atlanta Buckhead Technician, Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 15425745 Georgia, United States
- Power Distribution Technician- Boca Raton Resort Technician, Rigging, Power, Internet & Networking 15425743 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.