Assoc Natl Proj Mgr, Exhibits + Specialty Events.Job ID ASSOC01608 Date posted 02/23/2019 Location Coppell, Texas Position Type Full-Time
The Associate National Project Manager,Exhibits + Specialty Events is responsible for managing an established project plan for a portion of an event or a small event within a specific division; monitor progress and performance against the project plan; identify, resolve, or escalate operational problems and minimize delays. The Associate Project Manager analyzes project requirements by estimating costs, resources, technical aspects and time required to complete the assigned phase of a project and monitor activities, allocate resources and assign tasks to ensure these targets are met. This position partners in conducting project meetings and prepares regular reports to communicate the status of the event project within PSAV and the client. This position mentors technicians and will report to National Director, Exhibits + Specialty Events.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating a detailed work plan for a portion of an event or a small project which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Partner in determining the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to successfully complete each event.
- Review and make recommendations on both equipment and labor requirements from the event or sales order and coordinate with the Project Manager and/ or Operations and the Divisional / Regional Labor Coordinators.
- Analyze and manage project risk to ensure customer satisfaction and that divisional standards are followed.
- Monitor cost control measures and report challenges to event manager or direct manager.
- Ensure that the division allocates resources effectively with rigorous pressure on costs management and a commitment to value creation.
- Ensure compliance within each event to minimize the company’s exposure to liability claims and property damage, theft and misappropriation.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Customers, Hotel partners, All Internal Resources, Union Representatives, and all vendors while delivering World Class Service.
- Review, analyze and communicate results from Guest Satisfaction Surveys (GSS) & Internal Satisfaction Survey (ISS) Modify performance in accordance with Divisional Standards.
Labor & Technology Management
- Supervise the technical aspects of the job and provide intermediate to advanced operational troubleshooting and problem solving during the technical set up, operation, and dismantle of basic to advanced large-scale audiovisual systems.
- Identify and coordinate all equipment and scheduling all equipment deliveries and pickups.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve Audio Visual and IT equipment.
- Ensure events adhere to all PSAV brand, room set, safety, and recording standards.
- Develop, coach, and mentor technicians to help improve technical bench strength and customer experience facilitating training sessions as directed.
- Meet with clients on-site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
- Monitors events and checks in on event session throughout the day.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of knowledge of Audio Visual or related technical skill set
- 1+ years of project management and on-site crew experience; 1+ year Supervisory experience preferred
- Live large venue audio visual and expert level technical skill set in a discipline Preferred
- Tech or logistical experience in national and or international live event management Preferred
- Client relationship experience
- Strong customer service, written, oral and communication skills
- Works well under pressure and ability to multi task
- Ability to problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Mentoring/Training experience preferred
- MS Office and CAD knowledge/ experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- This position is based in Coppell TX (Dallas)
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Director, Event Technology (SNE) Director, Operations Management 11619947 Minnesota, United States
- Technical Specialist Audio Visual (Lighting) Gaylord Texan Audio Visual Specialist 11173254 Texas, United States
- Part Time Technician - Audio Visual - Turtle Bay Rst-Kahuku Part-time Technician, Technician 11169100 Hawaii, United States
- Technical Lead - Audio Visual - Sheraton Dallas Hotel Audio Visual Specialist, Audio Visual Technician 11169097 Texas, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your joruney to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.