Business Development Manager, Exhibits & Specialty EventsJob ID SALES05632 Date posted 10/31/2019 Location Chicago, Illinois Additional Locations Orlando, FL 32819, USA | Chicago, IL, USA | Phoenix, AZ 85040, USA | Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA Position Type Full-Time
The Business Development Manager, Exhibits & Specialty Events is responsible for identifying, sourcing, and securing new exhibit and specialty events business for PSAV's Premier Global Events Division (PGE). If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, positive energy, a drive for success, a passion for building strong and effective relationships, this is a great opportunity with unlimited opportunities.
The primary sales focus for this position is providing audiovisual solutions for:
Exhibit Builders (B2B)
Affiliate (ICW) Meetings taking place within Association Conventions
Specialty Experiential Marketing Events
MSA Accounts (Corporate) within the PSAV Global Sales Organization (GSO)
Marketing - Brand Activation Agencies
The Business Development Manager will use a proactive, global, multi-channel sales and marketing approach within the exhibit and events industry to increase the overall new business sales productivity. The Business Development Manager will report to the Sales Director, Exhibits & Business Development.
Key Job Responsibilities
Prospecting & Qualifying New Accounts
Identify new target accounts through various resources to include industry association involvement, PSAV CRM and existing accounts, tradeshow databases, industry publications, and other industry efforts.
Participate in targeted marketing and sales campaigns using professional sales presentations, face-to-face sales calls, and major marketing initiatives.
Cultivate industry relationships; maintain memberships with key industry organizations and associations to support market strategies.
Sales Management & Account Ownership
Manage and proactively execute the company’s consultative sales process through ongoing client contact.
Achieve year-over-year market sales goals and contribute to sales growth while maintaining account profitability.
Proactively pursue and follow up on leads in an effort to secure a bid opportunity.
Cultivate and maintain a strong and rewarding business relationship with our exhibit clients.
Take ownership of assigned PSAV shows, with the focus to ensure that every effort is made to uncover new business opportunities on each show floor and assigned ICW meetings. Further deepen client relationships to uncover and secure future business opportunities on non-assigned PGE shows and specialty events.
Lead and work in collaboration with the Exhibit Service Representatives.
Consistently and accurately communicate customer needs to appropriate team members through timely e-mails, phone calls, faxes and any other established me
Update and maintain accurate sales data and any other information requested by management in accordance with policies and procedures.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in networking targeted customers at industry events
- Experience with use of customer relationship database
- Excellent computer skills including all MS Office applications
- Experience with building effective presentations using PowerPoint and other forms of media
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated phone sales skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Requires up to 50% travel
- 3-5 years Audio Visual/Technical sales and/or related industry Sales Management experience
Attention to Detail
Strong Communication Skills
Professional Personal Presentation
Exceeds Customer Expectations
Concern for Quality
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Director, Event Technology I Operations Management 14423827 Massachusetts, United States
- Technician Audio Visual (Denver Sheraton Downtown) Technician 14423825 Colorado, United States
- Operations Manager, Hotel Services The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Operations Management 14423829 Florida, United States
- Part Time Audio Visual Technician - The Graduate Hotel Technician 14423826 Minnesota, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.