Director, Event Technology IIJob ID DIREC02222 Date posted 04/06/2019 Location Burlingame, California Position Type Full-Time
Responsible for overall sales and operations management, revenue and profitability of assigned location(s) while ensuring the utmost in client and hotel partner satisfaction. Provide learning and development opportunities for employees. Functions as primary liaison with property to handle any issues and to manage the hotel contract.
Key Job Responsibilities
Financial and Labor Management
Manage an efficient and profitable Event Technology and Business Center (where applicable) operation. Focus on revenue maximization & cost control, in accordance with company standard operating procedures.
Manage and proactively execute the company sales process through advanced client contact. Improve and leverage the location and property’s market position and share.
Provide outstanding customer service to clients by establishing excellent working relationships with hotel/resort staff and executives, company team members, neighboring locations, and all vendors. Mentor technicians to also provide this level of customer service.
Maintain a positive employee relations environment for all Event Technology and Business Center (if applicable) team members. Manage performance, address employee concerns, maintain adequate staffing levels, and facilitate team development. Lead by example in portraying a polished, professional image according to the guidelines in the Employee Guide.
Information Management, Reporting and Company Support
Effectively utilize all company computer systems and software programs and ensure technicians are properly trained to use them. Complete standard and as-needed reports accurately and on-time. Actively participates in overall company programs/committees where applicable.
Supervise security, inventory control, transportation and maintenance of equipment. Ensure all employees are properly trained in all areas.
Required Experience :
- Minimum of AA/BS or equivalent experience.
- Three or more years of audiovisual technical experience, including at least one year of previous supervisory experience.
- Completion of P.A.S.S., HSIA and other training requirements.
- Proficiency in the use of audiovisual equipment, HSIA equipment and company computer software and systems preferable.
- Effective leadership abilities and customer satisfaction focus.
- Attention to Communication
- Knowledge of basic financial and accounting practices
- Concern for Quality
- Exceeds Customer Expectations
- Leadership Skills
- Sales Proficiency
Hours Per Day
Lifting 0 - 15 lbs*
Lifting 16 – 50 lbs*
Lifting 51 - 100 lbs
Lifting Over 100 lbs
Carrying 0 - 15 lbs*
Reaching (above your head)
Carrying 16 – 50 lbs*
Carrying 51 - 100 lbs
Carrying Over 100 lbs
Pushing/Pulling 0 - 15 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 16 – 50 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 51 - 100 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling Over 100 lbs
*Identifies the physical requirements that team members perform without assistance.
Team members must be able to meet the physical demands above in order to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Audio Visual Sales Manager, Operations Manager and Director Event Technology Interviews August 15th, 2019! Come grow with us! Director 12660272 California, United States
- Technician - Audio Visual - South Lake Tahoe* Technician 12660273 California, United States
- Part-Time Technician Audio Visual Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing Technician, Part-time Technician 12660274 Pennsylvania, United States
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Orlando Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 12660275 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.