Project Manager, Event ExecutionJob ID PROJE02337 Date posted 04/17/2019 Location Brisbane, California Position Type Full-Time
The Project Manager is responsible for managing an established project plan for an event. This position will monitor progress and performance against the project plan, identify, resolve, or escalate operational problems and minimize delays. This position is responsible for the end-to-end execution of projects from event design and development through closing. The Project Manager will ensure successful and profitable execution of events by following PSAV event management standards. This position will partner with the sales and operations team in determining event technical requirements and communicate event execution plan with all parties. Deliver world-class service to both client and venue partners. The Project Manager will report to one of the following roles: RDPM or Senior Project Manager.
Key Job Responsibilities
Event Project Management
- Prepare and communicate technical production & labor schedules, sub-rental requirements, project scope, execution plan and individual responsibilities to lead crewmembers, vendors and venue.
- Determine the resources (time, crew, equipment, etc.) required to successfully complete each event.
- Maintain focus on client needs by attending client meetings, creating and maintaining organized show documentation and responding to client concerns and questions.
- Monitor progress throughout the event planning process and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Assist the sales and operations team to help determine equipment needs and technical solutions for assigned project.
- Assist with the creation of technical diagrams when required.
- Review all sales documents to confirm that the equipment and technical positions will in fact meet the client’s needs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients at all levels of their organization and provide outstanding customer service while focusing on customer retention.
- Act as a technical resource about industry trends and all PSAV products, services, and departments.
- Act as the lead onsite contact for the customer throughout the event.
- Manage all phases of event technical execution from load-in through run of show to load-out.
- Assume ownership of inventory management throughout the event.
- Communicate the event execution plan and customer expectation to event and venue teams.
- Manage onsite changes, including schedule, equipment or workforce modifications.
- Mentor and communicate with PSAV Team Members on event execution and best practices to help improve the local knowledge base and experience in the market.
- Ensure all PSAV SOPs are enforced, including room set standards and appearance guidelines.
- Assist in the creation and analysis of the EPT Forecast, partnering with regional leadership to mitigate external workforce and sub-rental spend.
- Manage event costs to align with EPT Forecast and ensure all onsite changes are communicated to sales for billing purposes.
- Complete EPT Actual in post-show phase. Work with operations management to ensure the prompt payment of all external vendors.
- Ensure compliance within each event to minimize company’s exposure to liability claims and property damage, theft and misappropriation.
Administrative & Training
- Complete PSAV post-event process, to include the completion of all post-show reporting, confirming all workforce hours are accurately entered and ensuring that outsourced equipment is returned to appropriate provider.
- Conduct local training sessions as required. Work with RDPM, DOE and Regional Venue leadership to identify training needs.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of technical experience in the Corporate Staging or Broadcast industry. Project Management experience a plus.
- 1+ year Supervisory experience, preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong Technical Background
- Strong Client relationship skills
- Operational logistics experience
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to multi task
- MS Office experience preferred
- Technical diagram knowledge / experience preferred
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Financial Acumen
- Drives Quality Results
- Communicates Effectively
- Plans and Aligns
- Builds Effective Teams
- Decision Quality
Work is performed in a hotel/event venue environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audiovisual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple locations. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
Work is performed in an office environment. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based in an office environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Employee Relations Specialist Human Resources, Audio Visual Specialist 12228395 Florida, United States
- Technical Lead - Audio Visual - Embassy Suites NWA Audio Visual Specialist, Audio Visual Technician 11743222 Arkansas, United States
- Director, Event Technology II Operations Management, Director 12225674 Arizona, United States
- Director, Event Technology I Operations Management, Director 12225673 Louisiana, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your joruney to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.