Technician - Audio VisualApply Job ID TECHN01113 Date posted 12/05/2018
Job Location: Liberty Hotel Boston
A Technician is responsible for the set up and operation of basic / small-scale audiovisual systems in a hospitality environment while ensuring complete customer satisfaction. This position reports to an Operations Manager, Operations Director or Director, Event Technology.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of basic audiovisual equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.
- Strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
- Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
- Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
- Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
- Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates basic operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues.
- Handles equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
- Understands company processes, follows procedures and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately.
- Uses the equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike. Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for equipment.
- Increases revenue by utilizing floor up-selling techniques.
- Works with clients to finalize invoices.
- Completes order entries in Navigator, as needed.
- High School Diploma required. Associate’s degree is preferred.
- Achieve Technical Level 3 Certification per PSAV Technical Skillset Matrix within 180 days (Technical Skill Set Matrix or @PSAV/HR/Global Learning).
- 1 year of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- 1 year of audio visual experience or equivalent in educational environment is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required for team members that may operate Company vehicles.
- Additional DOT requirement may need to be met if applicable.
- Safety Conscious
- Action Oriented
- Tech Savvy
- Ensures Accountability
Hours Per Day
Lifting 0 - 15 lbs*
Lifting 16 – 50 lbs*
Lifting 51 - 100 lbs (2+ persons)
Lifting Over 100 lbs (2+ persons)
Carrying 0 - 15 lbs*
Reaching (above your head)
Carrying 16 – 50 lbs*
Carrying 51 - 100 lbs (2+ persons)
Carrying Over 100 lbs
Pushing/Pulling 0 - 15 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 16 – 50 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling 51 - 100 lbs*
Pushing/Pulling Over 100 lbs
*Identifies the physical requirements that team members perform without assistance.
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
Work is performed at event venues as well as in a warehouse environment. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based in a warehouse environment and when traveling, on an individual venue or a representation of venues in that city or area.When in the Warehouse, work will be completed in an environment with exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members may use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components. Working times may include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Part-Time Technician - Audio Visual Palm Harbor Technician, Part-time Technician 10277586 Florida, United States
- Sales Coordinator, Hotel AV Services Sales, Hotel Sales 10276121 District of Columbia, United States
- Director, Event Technology - Westin Whistler Director, Operations Management, Operations 10276122 British Columbia, Canada
- Sales Manager, Hotel Services Sales, Hotel Sales 10276120 District of Columbia, United States
Tremendous Worldwide Growth
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one venue. From Los Angeles to London, we are the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,400 venues globally.explore locations
Our 8,200 highly trained employees might not take center stage at events, but we make sure they are rewarded for being stars. Competitive salary, a full range of benefits and a true work-life balance are all part of the package.PSAV Benefits
Hundreds of Career Paths
Whether you do your best work behind a soundboard or in front of a sales team, PSAV will help you find a career path that leads to personal and professional fulfillment.learn more
A Day In The Life