Director, Event Technology IIJob ID DIREC02495 Date posted 04/16/2019 Location Birmingham, Alabama Position Type Full-Time
The Director, Event Technology II (DET II) is responsible for leading a successful sales and operations team to achieve the revenue and profitability goals of an assigned location(s). This position ensures the team delivers World-Class service while cultivating and maintaining relationships with key venue personnel to enhance the overall business relationship with the venue. The DET II promotes high performance, accountability and continuous improvement in the team and fosters a collaborative environment that values learning and a commitment to quality. This role will report to an Area Director, Venues or an RVP, Venues.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients at all levels of their organization and provide outstanding customer service while focusing on customer retention.
- Service high profile/visibility events and act as a point of escalation when needed.
- Identify key issues and decision makers that will influence the contract renewal and leverage all available internal resources to facilitate the planning effort for renewing existing business.
- Creates and participate in business review presentations.
- Partners with Venue Sales Leadership on sales strategies
Financial Management and Reporting
- Drive Results by managing an efficient and profitable operation with a focused approach on revenue maximization and profitability using cost control measures in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Strategically ensure event profitability is maintained based on proper staffing per event
- Achieves PSAV’s financial goals for the location(s) by effectively directing the management of labor, equipment sub-rentals and other costs.
- Train and directs operations and sales managers to complete standard and ad hoc reports.
- Complete and analyze reports to effectively manage the business.
- Enforce the utilization of the company billing system, coordination of invoicing activities and that billing is reviewed and approved by clients.
- Review location P & L and develops action plans to address deficiencies/grow the business
- Confirm venue partners process all payments to PSAV in a timely basis.
- Responsible for the strategic, long-term direction of large and small high tech, high volume events at the property
- Direct operations team to manage daily floor operations including scheduling and equipment setups, operation, and strikes are completed, and in accordance to brand standards.
- Confirm operations team is using inventory control procedures to maintain proper inventory levels while also maintaining safety, security, and quality assurance of equipment.
- See the Big Pictureby efficiently sharing labor and equipment within the local market.
- Guarantees a PSAV management presence at all venue meetings, such as daily stand ups or sales meetings.
- See the Big Pictureby analyzing schedules and available labor and equipment resources and makes recommendations for labor and equipment sharing within local markets.
- Hold Sales Manager and/or Sr. Sales Manager accountable to maintaining a healthy pipeline at all times to achieve established revenue targets.
- Confirm all known opportunities are in CRM and completed accurately and updated at all times.
- See the Big Pictureby leading the sales forecasting efforts at home location(s), ensuring they are accurate and submitted timely.
- Create and present information and reports, as needed, to senior management related to performance, pipeline, forecasting, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of new product/service offerings and emerging technology supporting meetings and events.
- Deliver World-Class Serviceby cultivating and maintaining relationships with customers, venue personnel and various PSAV supporting functions and departments.
- Lead the team to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Meet with guests on site or assigns this to a team member, and verify equipment is setup accurately and working properly to customer needs, and verify the team is monitoring each event and checking in on customers throughout the day.
- Enforce the guidelines in the Employee Guide and/or venue standards for the team to portray a polished and professional image.
- Value Peopleby promoting a culture of high performance, accountability and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Directs and Manages performance, addresses employee concerns, maintains adequate staffing levels, and facilitates team development.
- Navigate the union labor market and associated management dynamics, where applicable.
- Directs and Manages the human resources activities including selection, performance management, and learning.
- Directs and provides focused and continued coaching to develop the skills of team members.
- Verifies that employees are trained on PSAV standards for service and equipment, and properly trained on company computer systems.
- Recommends team members for training opportunities, as needed
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of audio visual experience
- 5+ years of sales/customer service experience
- 3+ years of operations supervisory/management experience
- Proficiency with the use of computer hardware
- Proficiency with computer software and programs, including the Internet and Microsoft Office
- Effective leadership abilities and customer satisfaction and people development focus.
- A valid driver’s license is required for team members who may operate Company vehicles.
Builds Effective Teams
Drives Vision and Purpose
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PSAV based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Audio Visual Sales Manager, Operations Manager and Director Event Technology Interviews August 15th, 2019! Come grow with us! Director 12660272 California, United States
- Technician - Audio Visual - South Lake Tahoe* Technician 12660273 California, United States
- Part-Time Technician Audio Visual Hilton Philadelphia at Penn's Landing Technician, Part-time Technician 12660274 Pennsylvania, United States
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Orlando Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 12660275 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.