Senior Director, Event Technology I Hilton BaltimoreJob ID SENIO07246 Date posted 02/10/2020 Location Baltimore , MD 21201 Position Type Full-Time
The Senior Director, Event Technology (Sr DET I), is responsible for directing the sales and operations leadership teams to achieve the revenue and profitability goals of an assigned location(s). This position ensures the team delivers World-Class service while cultivating and maintaining relationships with key venue personnel to enhance the overall business relationship with the venue. The Sr DET I promotes high performance, accountability and continuous improvement in the team and fosters a collaborative environment that values learning and a commitment to quality. This position will report to an Area Director, Venues or an RVP, Venues.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients at all levels of their organization and provide outstanding customer service while focusing on customer retention.
• Service high profile/visibility events and act as a point of escalation when needed.
• Seek to establish and maintain valuable industry relationships (i.e. hotel management, Production/EXPO)
• Identify key issues and decision makers that will influence the contract renewal and leverage all available internal resources to facilitate the planning effort for renewing existing business.
• Create and participate in business review presentations.
• Oversee the Sales Leadership team
Financial Management and Reporting
• Drive Results by managing an efficient and profitable operation with a focused approach on revenue maximization and profitability using cost control measures in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedures.
• Support the achievement of PSAV’s financial goals for the location by ensuring the collaboration between the Sales and Operations leadership teams and through effective direction of same.
• Train and directs operations and sales managers to complete standard and ad hoc reports
• Complete and analyzes reports and budgets to effectively manage the business.
• Enforce the utilization of the company billing system, coordination of invoicing activities and that billing is reviewed and approved by clients.
• Accountable for successful completion of large events that exceed 4.5+ million dollars in revenue annually
• Review location P & L and develops action plans to address deficiencies/grow the business
• Confirms venue partners process all payments to PSAV on a timely basis.
• Direct large events with vast spaces and locations (i.e. a ballroom)
• Hold the Operations Director and select services team accountable to manage daily floor operations including scheduling and equipment setups, operation, and strikes are completed, and in accordance to brand standards.
• Directs and supports operations team to use inventory control procedures to maintain proper inventory levels while also maintaining safety, security, and quality assurance of equipment.
• See the Big Picture by analyzing schedules and available labor and equipment resources and makes recommendations for labor and equipment sharing within local markets.
• Guarantees a PSAV management presence at all venue meetings, such as daily stand ups or sales meetings.
• Meet with Operations Leadership to review upcoming events, problem solving, operational feasibility, and budgets.
• Collaborate with Select Services regional management teams when necessary
• Perform duties similarly aligned to running a successful independent business
• Hold sales directors accountable for maintaining a healthy pipeline to achieve established revenue targets and keeping CRM database accurate and updated at all times.
• See the Big Picture by supporting the sales forecasting efforts at home location(s), ensuring they are accurate and submitted timely.
• Create and present information and reports, as needed, to senior management related to performance, pipeline, forecasting, etc.
• Meet with Sales Leadership team to review upcoming events, problem solving, and budgets
• Maintain knowledge of new product/service offerings and emerging technology supporting meetings and events
• Partner with Venue Sales Leadership on sales strategies
• Collaborates with venue partners to find new opportunities for revenue streams and select services
• Deliver World-Class Service by cultivating and maintaining relationships with customers, venue personnel and various PSAV supporting functions and departments.
• Direct the team to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
• Make certain the team monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the day.
• Enforce the guidelines in the Employee Guide and/or venue standards for the team to portray a polished and professional image.
• Act as a resource or point of escalation for technical support for sales and operations leadership team
• Ensures staff understands the technical aspects of the job
• Effectively utilizes applicable company computer systems.
• Value People by promoting a culture of high performance, accountability and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
• Direct and manage performance, addresses employee concerns, maintains adequate staffing levels, and facilitates team development.
• Navigate the union labor market and associated management dynamics, where applicable.
• Lead and manage the human resources activities including selection, performance management, employee engagement and learning.
• Encourage and provide focused and continued mentoring and coaching to develop the skills of team members.
• Verify that employees are trained on PSAV standards for service and equipment, and properly trained on company computer systems.
• Review succession planning to prepare strong talent bench strength
• Recommend team members for training opportunities, as needed
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 7+ years of audio visual experience
- 7+ years of sales/customer service experience
- 5+ years of operations supervisory/management experience
- Proficiency with the use of computer hardware
- Proficiency with computer software and programs, including the Internet and Microsoft Office
- Effective leadership abilities and customer satisfaction and people development focus
Early Career Development Programs
PSAV is always looking for talented people who are passionate about creating memorable experiences that inspire change. Find out how you can jump-start your career in our dynamic industry.LEARN MORE
- Part Time Audio Visual Technician Technician 15425744 Kentucky, United States
- Warehouse Technician Audio Visual (Tempe Warehouse ) Technician, Warehouse, Transportation & Logistics 15425742 Arizona, United States
- Technical Supervisor Audio Visual - Whitley Atlanta Buckhead Technician, Audio Visual Technical Supervisor 15425745 Georgia, United States
- Power Distribution Technician- Boca Raton Resort Technician, Rigging, Power, Internet & Networking 15425743 Florida, United States
Your career and ambitions aren’t tied down to one place. We’re the exclusive on-site event technology provider to over 1,500 venues around the world, filling your future with global possibilities.explore locations
Career Path Opportunities
Discover everywhere you can go and the impact you can have. Your career is never limited to one location with PSAV.LEARN MORE
What to Expect
We want to give you a window into our recruitment process to ensure that your journey to becoming a PSAV team member is a positive experience.LEARN MORE
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Stay connected and receive the latest career opportunities at PSAV.